Indianapolis OKs Bid To Sell Water System
- BRINGING IT BACK HOME. Gunn, Erik // Municipal Sewer & Water;Jun2009, p36
The article focuses on Fairfield and Suisun Sewer District in Northern California. It says that the district has managed its sewer trunk lines by investing in inspection equipment and resident staffs than hiring contractors for inspection and other municipal services. It mentions that the...
- Judge Says Jefferson County Trustee, Insurers Can Seek a Sewer Receiver. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/8/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33145, p4
The article reports on the statement from Birmingham federal judge David Proctor that bond insurers and trustee in Jefferson County, Alabama are open to file a suit in state court for them to have a receiver to take over the county's financially-troubled sewer system. Proctor says that he would...
- More Debt Ahead for Stable Water, Sewer Sector, Fitch Says. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;1/14/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33041, p5
The article presents an economic outlook for the U.S. for 2009 by Fitch Ratings Ltd. Fitch stated that the water and sewer systems will rely more on debt issuance than pay-as-you-go financing due to growing capital needs. It is noted that the greatest threat to sector stability of the economy...
- Process of deleveraging creating lots of carnage. Skarbeck, Ken // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/10/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p26
The article investigates the impact of deleveraging on investors and consumers in the United States. According to the author, one problem with mass deleveraging is that the repeated selling of an asset to repay a debt burden leads to further declines in the price of that asset. This, the author...
- BioGro may lose sludge pact. Leonard, John // Waste News;10/13/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p13
Reports that the Allegheny County, Pennsylvania sewer authority may implement a sludge hauling contract. Number of firms that responded to proposals from the Allegheny County Sanitary Authority know as Alcosan; What the contract will require from the hauler; Who offer the highest bid on the...
- Discussing number one. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;09/15/97, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p37
Presents a photograph taken during New York Governor George Pataki's signing of a bill which will privatize Sewer District Number One.
- Good planning. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;09/15/97, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p37
Presents a photograph taken during New York Governor George Pataki's signing of a bill which will privatize Sewer District Number One. Includes the identity of people included in the photograph.
- A job that calls for more than just an engineer. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;06/16/97, Vol. 238 Issue 24, p106
Editorial. Comments on changes in the bureaucracy of the sewerage district in Florida's Dade-Miami area initiated by district director Anthony Clemente. Set of new challenges which emerged from the changes; Financial difficulties of implementing reforms at the district.
- PRASA'S DAY-AFTER-NEW YEAR'S MASSACRE. // Caribbean Business;1/12/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p40
The article reports on the Puerto Rico Aqueduct and Sewer Authority's cutting of water service in Puerto Rico.