ARIZONA: Gilbert on the Rebound
- Sales tax figures reflect the new normal. Robison, Jennifer // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/7/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p13
The article reports on the economic growth in the state of Nevada, reflected by the state's sales tax figures.
- County, cities experience double-digit sales tax growth. SEVILLA, ANDY // Free Press (Buda, TX);5/15/2013, Vol. 111 Issue 7, p1D
The article reports that Hays County, Texas and its corridor cities are experiencing a double-digit economic growth according to a recently released state comptroller's sales tax allocation in various areas including manufacturing, restaurant and construction industries.
- Kyle, Buda continue to ride big wave Sales tax gains despite economic downturn. Barton, Bob // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);5/28/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p1D
The article reports that the central cities in Texas have increased its sales tax despite economic downturn. Kyle has received more than $712,000 from the State Comptroller over five months. The figure is 27.3% high for 2008. It is revealed that Buda has banked considerable more revenue than...
- Committee seeks longer life for Measure C. Radke, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/4/2001, Issue 322781, p1
Reports on the formation of the Measure C Steering Committee aimed at extending Measure C, a half-cent sales tax program adopted in 1986 by Fresno, California voters. Contributions of the program to transportation infrastructure development; Tasks and mission of the steering committee.
- County seeks additional revenues. Wenner, Gretchen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;4/19/2002, Issue 322918, p1
Reports the proposal of development projects for additional sources of sales tax revenue in Fresno County, California. Application of pro-cash-register; Predicaments from the tax monies; Total sales tax collection.
- ARKANSAS: Magnolia's New Hospital Deal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/24/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32677, p9
The article reports on the plan of Magnolia, Arkansas to build a replacement for its aging municipal hospital with proceeds from the negotiated sale of $37 million of 30-year revenue bonds supported by a 1.125% sales tax voters approve earlier in 2007. According to Mayor Lane Jean, a hospital is...
- OKLAHOMA: Sales Tax Forever. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/2/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32952, p9
The article reports that a permanent extension of a 1% sales tax has been approved by the voters of Pottawatomie County in Oklahoma. The tax was to have expired in January 2013. The extension was approved by nearly 2-to-1 margin, recording 3,404 in favor and 1,650 opposed. Currently, $6.3...
- Sales tax allows city to expand transit system. // American City & County;Sep2001, Vol. 116 Issue 14, p18
Reports that utilization of the sales tax revenue in Phoenix, Arizona has allowed an expansion of the city's transit system. Improvement made on the city's bus service; Number of vehicles purchased to expand public transportation services; Scope of the participation in a multi-city light rail...
- STAR changes Sought. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32377, p31
The article reports on Olathe, Kansas officials' call for changes in the state law regarding sales tax revenue bonds that would give them the economic development tools they say they need to build and lease a major league soccer complex. The city leaders have asked the Kansas Senate Commerce...