Miami Officials Weigh Options for Closing $100M Gap
- Hungary's gen govt deficit reaches 84.5% of FYR target. // Regional Today;11/22/2013, p3
The article reports that Hungary's general government deficit, excluding local councils, reached 84.5% of its full-year target at the end of October 2013 or 2.98 billion euros, despite a narrowed deficit for the month of October.
- Half of the island's municipalities in the red. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;8/30/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p34
Reports the budget deficits of municipalities in Puerto Rico. Municipalities with the high per capita expenditures; Inheritance of deficits from former municipal administrations; Consideration of property taxes as primary source of municipal revenue.
- Mayor: Chicago's Deficit Could Hit $800M by 2014. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;8/1/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33557, p7
The article reports on the warning of Chicago, Illinois, Mayor Rahm Emanuel on the 635.7 million dollar budget gap faced by the city in 2012 that could increase in 2014 if Chicago does not take strategies to better match its revenues and spending in 2011.
- Lajas Mayor Irizarry denounces town's $3.5 million deficit. LÓPEZ, ALEXANDER // Caribbean Business;11/22/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 46, p27
The article reports that Lajas, Puerto Rico Mayor-elect Marcos "Turin" Irizarry PagÃ¡n of the Popular Democratic Party (PD) has denounced the $3.5 million municipal deficit left by incumbent Mayor Leovigildo Cotte Torres of the New Progressive Party (NPP).
- Republicans want office savings applied to deficit. Needham, Vicki // Hill;2/2/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p15
The article reports that the 1.4 million dollars money saved by a group of House Republican freshmen from their office budgets in 2011 will be used by the group to funnel the deficit reduction.
- Deloitte's concern over Miami advice. // Accountancy;Nov96, Vol. 118 Issue 1239, p20
The article reports on accounting firm Deloitte & Touche's concern (D&T) about the possible impact of the rumors about the financial health of the city of Miami, Florida. D&T was fired as lead auditor of Miami and has been called in to answer questions about the city's budget. The city declared...
- HOW SHOULD GOV. GEORGE PATAKI HANDLE THE BUDGET? // Crain's New York Business;4/3/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p4
This article focuses on an online poll conducted by the periodical "Crain's New York Business," on New York Governor George Pataki's $112 billion budget that raises spending by 6% and adds billions in debt to build schools in New York City. The budget cuts property taxes and restores many items...
- Chicago City Council Approves Daley's $6B Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/20/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33008, p4
The article reports on the approval of Mayor Richard Daley's $6 billion, 2009 budget that closes a $469 million deficit by the City Council in Chicago, Illinois. The budget leaves the city's $500 million reserve intact along with the current property tax levy. According to Carrie Austin,...
- SLOW UPTAKE. Dedman, Kealy // ReNew Canada;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p34
The article discusses the infrastructure asset management in Canadian municipalities. It states that the Federation of Canadian Municipalities initiate to resolve the infrastructure deficit in the country as part of the issue on degenerating municipal civil infrastructure. It mentions that an...