IntelliDrive: Safer. Smarter. Greener
- U.S. DOT wants videos of intelligent transportation. // American City & County Exclusive Insight;5/23/2011, p2
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) is seeking for videos demonstrating its benefits and potential information and communications technology in improving transportation in communities. It states that the best video will be honored at the 2011 Intelligent...
- Opportunities Exist to Transition to Performance-Based Planning and Federal Oversight. Herr, Phillip R. // GAO Reports;12/15/2010, preceding p1
The article presents a study conducted by the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) which investigates the country's transportation planning process and the spending of federal transportation funds. The study looks into the planning activities of the states, as well as Washington D.C, and...
- DOT Strategic Plan. // Professional Safety;Dec2003, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p12
Reports that U.S. Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta released the Department of Transportation's Strategic Plan for fiscal year 2003 through 2008. Aim of redefining the department's core mission; Emphasis on saving lives and reducing accidents.
- Invitation for Public Comment on Draft DOT Research, Development and Technology Strategic Plan (2013-2018). Winfree, Gregory D. // Federal Register;3/27/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 59, p18674
A notice of request for public comment on the U.S. Department of Transportation's (DOT) draft strategic plan, U.S. Department of Transportation, Research, Development and Technology Strategic Plan fiscal year (FY) 2013-2018 is presented.
- High-Level Federal Interagency Coordination Is Warranted to Address Transportation Needs beyond the Scope of the Defense Access Roads Program. Lepore, Brian J. // GAO Reports;2/25/2011, preceding p1
The article presents a study conducted by the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) on the effectivity of interagency cooperation to address transportation demands beyond the scope of the Defense Access Roads program. GAO evaluated the program's use and identified steps needed to address...
- Transportation Issue Area Plan: Fiscal Years 1998-2000--1999 Update: IAP-98-15. // GAO Reports;6/1/1998, p1
GAO presented an update to its Transportation issue area plan for fiscal year 1998-2000. GAO plans to examine: (1) the safety and security of the nation's air transport system and improving the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) oversight of the aviation industry's compliance with federal...
- Expert Blog Highlights: Transportation. // National Journal;6/5/2010, p19
No abstract available.
- ASTA Sees Opening to Revive Passenger Rights Campaign. Shannon, Darren // Travel Agent;6/3/2002, Vol. 308 Issue 7, p13
Reports on the plan of the Association of Sales Travel Agents to use the U.S. Department of Transportation commission in Washington. Campaign for the essence of airline passenger bill of rights to the U.S. Congress; Appreciation of the Aviation Investment Reform Act for the 21st Century;...
- USDOT Establishes National Freight Advisory Council, Taking Member Nominations Soon. // AASHTO Journal: Weekly Transportation Report;2/15/2013, p3
This article reports that the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT)will soon accept nominations for the newly-created National Freight Advisory Committee. USDOT Secretary Ray Lahood cited the development of the committee which is intended to provide recommendations to enhance the national...