IntelliDrive: Safer. Smarter. Greener
- U.S. DOT wants videos of intelligent transportation. // American City & County Exclusive Insight;5/23/2011, p2
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) is seeking for videos demonstrating its benefits and potential information and communications technology in improving transportation in communities. It states that the best video will be honored at the 2011 Intelligent...
- USDOT Opens Dialogue on Strategic Plan. // AASHTO Journal: Weekly Transportation Report;
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) is inviting public comments on its strategic plan for fiscal years 2014-2018.
- OIG Report Highlights Progress, Difficulties in MAP-21 Project Delivery Provisions. // AASHTO Journal: Weekly Transportation Report;06/07/2013, p3
The article offers information on a report published by the Office of Inspector General of the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) showing the achievement of department in enhancing project delivery. It mentions the USDOT has developed the MAP-21's Subtitle C project to support innovation...
- Vehicle-to-Infrastructure Technologies Expected to Offer Benefits, but Deployment Challenges Exist. Wise, David // GAO Reports;10/15/2015, preceding pi
The article presents a report by the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) on Intelligent transportation systems in the U.S. as of September 2015. Topics discussed include deployment challenges associated with vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) technologies, statement of the U.S. Department...
- Opportunities Exist to Transition to Performance-Based Planning and Federal Oversight. Herr, Phillip R. // GAO Reports;12/15/2010, preceding p1
The article presents a study conducted by the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) which investigates the country's transportation planning process and the spending of federal transportation funds. The study looks into the planning activities of the states, as well as Washington D.C, and...
- House Oks Short-Term Road Funding Bill. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34401, p1
The House on Tuesday passed a three-week extension of federal transportation funding that would keep reimbursements to states for highway and transit projects flowing through Nov. 20.
- DOT Strategic Plan. // Professional Safety;Dec2003, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p12
Reports that U.S. Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta released the Department of Transportation's Strategic Plan for fiscal year 2003 through 2008. Aim of redefining the department's core mission; Emphasis on saving lives and reducing accidents.
- Invitation for Public Comment on Draft DOT Research, Development and Technology Strategic Plan (2013-2018). Winfree, Gregory D. // Federal Register;3/27/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 59, p18674
A notice of request for public comment on the U.S. Department of Transportation's (DOT) draft strategic plan, U.S. Department of Transportation, Research, Development and Technology Strategic Plan fiscal year (FY) 2013-2018 is presented.
- High-Level Federal Interagency Coordination Is Warranted to Address Transportation Needs beyond the Scope of the Defense Access Roads Program. Lepore, Brian J. // GAO Reports;2/25/2011, preceding p1
The article presents a study conducted by the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) on the effectivity of interagency cooperation to address transportation demands beyond the scope of the Defense Access Roads program. GAO evaluated the program's use and identified steps needed to address...