A Bullish Forecast
- U.S.-Target M&A Hits Record. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;9/29/2015, pA01
4 The health care and energy sectors are leading as U.S.-targeted M&A reached a record of $1.7 tril as of Mon., according to Dealogic. Global M&A was $3.4 tril and may challenge the '07 full-year peak of $4.6 tril. U.S.-targeted deals comprised 50% of global M&A, the highest since '99. The...
- Reform-Spurred Insurance Consolidation Mixed Bag. REED, VITA // Orange County Business Journal;8/10/2015, Vol. 38 Issue 32, p28
The article offers news briefs related to consolidation and merger in the healthcare industry in the U.S.
- Health Care M&A Still Expanding, but More Slowly. Flynn, Mary Kathleen // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Oct2015, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p48
The article offers information on the Mid-Market Pulse (MMP) survey of the periodical which reveals that mergers and acquisitions in the U.S. healthcare industry is expanding and presents charts related to market forecast of overall acquisitions and healthcare acquisitions.
- Demographic Uncertainty. Noto, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/28/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p5
This article provides an outlook for merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the healthcare industry in the U.S. in 2011. It highlights challenges and opportunities facing M&A deals amid demographic shifts. It observes the move of investors to focus on emerging markets like Brazil, Russia,...
- Mergers and Acquisitions in Health Care Expected to Rise. // PT in Motion;Sep2010, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p15
The article presents a study on the expected increase of health care sector's merger and acquisition activity in the U.S. in 2010. The study shows that 83% of respondents anticipate a rise in mergers and acquisitions and just 2% anticipate a decline. It reveals that 67% of respondents within the...
- M&A: An upside to a down market. Carlson, Joe; Galloro, Vince // Modern Healthcare;1/19/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p22
The article presents an analysis of merger-and-acquisition activity in the healthcare industry in the U.S. in 2008. Due to the economic crisis, William Petasnick of Froedtert Memorial Lutheran Hospital and Leo Brideau of Columbia St. Mary's have suspended plans for combining their Milwaukee,...
- HEALTH I.T. VENDOR BUYING SPIKES. // Health Data Management;Jan2009, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p36
The article looks at the market for the health care information technology industry in the U.S. in 2008. It is reported that mergers and acquisitions in the industry increased during the year as the financial crisis deepened. Because patients are increasing responsible for their health care...
- making the right decisions in a consolidating market. Kaufman, Kenneth; Grube, Mark E. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jul2009, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p45
The article focuses on the impact of market forces in the growth of consolidation in the U.S. health care industry as opportunities and challenges have been created. It mentions that opportunities for small hospitals and health systems include the partnership with larger organizations and...
- By The Numbers. LARGEST HEALTHCARE SERVICES MERGERS/ACQUISITIONS IN 2011. // Modern Healthcare;1/30/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p40
A chart is presented that lists the biggest healthcare services mergers and acquisitions in 2011 including Express Scripts and Medco Health Solutions, Ventas and Nationwide Health Properties, and Cigna Corp. and Pharmaceutical Product Development.