A.B. Jackson: HIS PORCH PEOPLE
- LEONARD EVERETT FISHER: Illustrator & Painter. MICHEL, JOAN HESS // American Artist;Sep1966, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p42
A biography of American illustrator and painter Leonard Everett Fisher is presented. He was born in 1924 in New York City and began attending children's art classes at the age of eight. He attended Yale University's School of Fine Arts where he earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree and continued...
- Concerning My Teacher, Jack Tworkov. Lloyd, George // Provincetown Arts;2010/2011, Vol. 25, p54
The article is a tribute to the painter Jack Tworkov from a former student of his at the Yale School of Art. The author recalls Tworkov's viewpoints on artistic media, the painting profession, and artists such as Hieronymus Bosch, Diego VelÃ¡zquez, Henri Matisse. The article also presents an...
- Reginald Marsh. Goodrich, Lloyd // American Artist;Sep1955, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p18
The article features U.S. painter and illustrator, Reginald Marsh. He was born in 1898 in Paris, France to artists, Fred Dana Marsh and Alice Randall. As a young boy in New Jersey, Marsh learned how to make drawings of locomotives, ships, and tall buildings. He attended the Yale Art School where...
- Program in agrarian studies Yale University. // Studies in Comparative International Development;Winter94, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p101
Presents information on a program in agrarian studies, which is being offered at Yale University. How the program has been organized; Appointment of Research Fellows.
- Ivy League Haven earns top marks. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/17/2003, Issue 2590, p38
Features Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut. Description of the lifestyle of the university; Availability of everyday free tours inside the campus with the students as tour guides; Identification of cultural attractions outside the university.
- Back to the blackboard. // Christian Science Monitor;1/23/96, Vol. 88 Issue 39, p20
Reports on the end of a grade strike by graduate students at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut, on January 15, 1996. Reason for the strike; Information on students strike for recognition of their union, the Graduate Employees and Students Organization; Description of purpose of...
- Mule earns degree: `Just call me doc.' // Current Science;10/6/89, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p3
Reports that Yale University has given a mule an honorary degree (`Doctor of Portage Equus') for helping a team of Yale University geologists complete their research in Olympic National Park in Washington State.
- God and managers at Yale. Schwartz, J. // Newsweek;11/14/88, Vol. 112 Issue 20, p56
Report on a recent protest at Yale University's School of Organization and Management over proposed changes in the way management is taught. The rally was dignified and all admit change is overdue.
- Yale University. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Nordahl, Peter E. // Christian Science Monitor;3/16/95, Vol. 87 Issue 76, p2
Recounts the refusal of Yale University to accept a donation to save the school's autonomy. Harvard University gets highest donation in history.