REYNOLD WEIDENAAR: Printmaker into Watercolorist
- A TASTING MENU. Lewis, Meredith E. // American Artist: Watercolor;Fall2005, Vol. 11 Issue 44, p4
Introduces a series of articles on watercolor painting and watercolorists.
- Painting everyday life. Dixon, Henry // American Artist;Oct1996, Vol. 60 Issue 651, p32
Presents author's experience in painting everyday life with the use of watercolors. Favorite subjects of the author; Use of watercolor to evoke mood, emotion and feeling; Technique being employed by the author.
- Gain Inspiration. Dalio, Carl // American Artist: Watercolor;2012 Best of Watercolor, p115
In a personal narrative, the author provides information regarding his childhood in Texas, his experience as a professional painter, and his watercolor painting technique.
- Brushstrokes. Hinchman, Hannah // Sierra;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p19
Describes how the author composed a watercolor painting with fast strokes. Style of several American master watercolorists; Watercolor painting as a act of translation.
- Pen, Ink, and Water. Lustig, Paul // American Artist;Jan2000, Vol. 64 Issue 690, p54
Details the author's career as a watercolor painter based in Lakewood, Ohio. His educational background; How the suburban landscape of his neighborhood inspires his paintings; How he began sketching homes; Three artists who influence his works; Reasons for his preference for pen and ink; Why he...
- ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE. MORRIS, JUDY // American Artist: Watercolor;Spring1992, p59
The author talks about her technique as watercolor artist wherein she shares that though she strives for strong lighting patterns in her painting, she prefers using what nature has delivered than inventing a cinematic lighting situation, notes that she uses her experience as an artist to edit...
- Kansas Watercolor Society. // American Artist: Watercolor;Summer2011, Vol. 17 Issue 67, p19
The article reports that the Kansas Watercolor Society's juror of awards is master artist and instructor Frank Webb, the vice president and a Dolphin Fellow of the American Watercolor Society, whose watercolor painting "Funchal" is featured.
- Use Sketches to Build a Sense of Place. Duncan, James // American Artist: Watercolor;Summer2011, Vol. 17 Issue 67, p56
The article features architect and watercolorist David Savellano and his works that depict sceneries in San Francisco, California. The author reports that onlookers and students are surprised with the speed with which Savellano sketches the landscape before him, complete with the perspective his...
- Cover Artist Warren Baumgartner At Work. // American Artist;Jun1961, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p8
The article profiles watercolor artist Warren Baumgartner, whose watercolor painting is reproduced on the cover of the June 1961 issue of "American Artist."