Alfred Khouri Describes a watercolor demonstration
- round. // Artist's Illustrated Encyclopedia;2001, p370
A definition of the term "round" is presented. It refers to a brush that has a round, pointed head.
- Quick Tips. Hebert, LeRoy J.; O'Connor, Claire; Fine, June; Atkinson, Trisha; McGrath, MaryJean; Reich, Blossom // American Artist;Sep1983, Vol. 47 Issue 494, p97
The article offers tips on the use of art materials and supplies. It suggests the use of silver-plated loving or trophy cups for storing cluster of brushes as well as the use of a plastic strawberry container from the supermarket to keep paint brushes upright while painting. Another...
- REMBRANDT GIFT SET. // American Artist;Jan2006, Vol. 70 Issue 761, p7
The article reports that Dick Blick Art Materials is offering a new Rembrandt oil-paint gift set from Canson. The set includes 39 tubes of pure-pigment, high-quality colors, Rembrandt brushes and painting knives.
- What you need to know about brushes. Harbridge, Michael // Fired Arts & Crafts;Dec2012, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p38
The article offers information on art brushes. Brushes are considered as one of the must-have tools when doing fired arts projects. The two kinds of brush hair are natural hair and synthetic hair. Natural hair in brushes comes from different sources such as squirrel and goat, while synthetic...
- Your Sable Brushes in Oil Painting. TAUBES, FREDERIC // American Artist;Sep1959, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p50
The article describes the different sizes of sable brushes in oil painting. The sizes of the fundamental type of sable brush are small, medium, large and extra large. The scriptliner, on the other hand, is said to generate both big and tiny lines. Meanwhile, the striper or lettering brush is...
- flat. // Artist's Illustrated Encyclopedia;2001, p161
A definition of the term "flat" is presented. It refers to a brush with a flat, rectangular head and relatively long filaments, as compared with the bright, which has shorter filaments.
- rice paper. // Artist's Illustrated Encyclopedia;2001, p366
Information on the term "rice paper" is presented. It refers to oriental papers made from a variety of materials, but not from rice. Most rice papers are thin, fragile and absorbent. When ink or paint is applied to rice papers, it's there to stay. So, artists who paint on rice papers tend to be...
- rigger. // Artist's Illustrated Encyclopedia;2001, p366
A definition of the term "rigger" is presented. It refers to a brush with a long, narrow head. It is used to paint long lines and fine details. Similar brushes are called liners or script liners. Some brushes have pointed tips, whereas others have blunt tips.
- THE AMATEUR PAGE. // American Artist;Sep1943, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p32
The article offers information about the 3 principal categories of brushes used in painting, which include bristle brushes, sable brushes and blenders. The bristle brush comes in 2 varieties, such as one with short and the other with long bristles, and various sizes up to number 12. The sable...