Examples of Calligraphy+Design
- Calligraphy's Flowering, Decay, & Restauration. // American Artist;May1948, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p19
The article reviews the book "Calligraphy's Flowering, Decay, & Restauration," by Paul Standard.
- A private library that keeps its eye on the.. Reedy, J. // Smithsonian;Mar88, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p124
Description of Chicago's Newberry Library, its rules, its rare books, its uniqueness as a library, and its history (now celebrating its 100th anniversary). Scholars and collections; Research underwriting programs; Its new director, Charles Cullen and his plans.
- Romance, reality, in `Mexico Ilustrado.' Lashinsky, Adam // Crain's Chicago Business;4/22/96, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p37
Highlights the exhibition `Mexico Ilustrado/Mexico Illustrated' at the Newberry Library, Chicago, Illinois. Characteristics of the exhibition; Contents of the exhibition; Comments from Ellen Baird, dean of the College of Architecture and the Arts at the University of Illinois, Chicago and a...
- Newberry offers a glimpse of spring. Littman, Margaret // Crain's Chicago Business;12/08/97, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p46
Reports that Morton Arboretum is collaborating with the Newberry Library to present `From Forest to Park: America's Heritage of Trees,' an exhibition scheduled to run through March 14, 1998, at Newberry Library, Chicago, Illinois. Examination of the role of trees in America's history; What will...
- Bonnie Jo Cullison: The Newberry's preservation 'conscience' Wyly, Mary // American Libraries;Dec85, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p766
Profiles preservation librarian Bonnie Jo Cullison of the Chicago, Illinois-based Newberry Library, one of the major research libraries in the United States. One of the founders of the Chicago Hand Bookbinders organization and an active member of the Chicago Area Conservation Group; Transfer of...
- NeznÃ¡mÃ½ hudebnÃ jednolist Jana Otmara DaÄickÃ©ho (1590). Baťa, Jan // Hudebni Veda;2011, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p361
This report draws attention to a previously-unknown music broadsheet of Czech provenance deposited in the Newberry Library in Chicago under the call number 'Case folio VM 1705.L232'. Its content is described and discussed and the printer identified; an attempt is also made to interpret the...
- Newberry's collection is most illuminating. Spiselman, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;4/10/95, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p59
Features the collection of the Newberry Library in Chicago, Illinois. Illuminated manuscripts from the Middle Ages; Detailed pictures painted by hand; Collection development efforts.
- Cement mappers. // American Libraries;Nov96, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p16
Describes a program at Chicago's Newberry Library which targeted the family. Theme being Fun with Maps; Creation by children of pictorial drawings of their neighborhoods; Comments by exhibit curator James Akerman; Library exhibit called `Paper Trails: Maps, Highways, and American Journeys in the...
- Newberry Library Art Stolen. // ILA Reporter;Apr2008, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p15
The article offers information regarding the theft of the huge art piece Umanita of the Newberry Library. It states that the art piece, designed by Chicago artist Virginio Ferrari, was given to the library in 1987 and was worth $65,000 to $70,000. It is also mentioned that the library uses...