WILLIAM McK. SPIERER
- DISCOVERING INTERIOR COLOR & LIGHT. Doherty, M. Stephen // American Artist: Watercolor;Summer2003, Vol. 9 Issue 35, p18
The article features Texas artist Nel Dorn Byrd. It notes that Byrd likes painting inside a hotel if she finds the private and common areas attractive enough, or taking photographs at a local museum as a source material. She states that she is fascinated with interiors and intrigued by the way a...
- Balancing Art & Life. Doherty, M. Stephen // American Artist;Feb2008, Vol. 72 Issue 784, p4
The article discusses various articles published within the issue including one on the oil and watercolor paintings of Tom Cordell and Peter Hussey and another on the work of artist Steve Armes.
- Everyday Beauty. Lewis, Meredith E. // American Artist: Watercolor;Spring2005, Vol. 11 Issue 42, p4
Introduces a series of articles about watercolor art, including information on the works of several artists.
- Mystery Photo. // Newfoundland Quarterly;Fall2014, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p64
A quiz about the artist who painted the watercolour paintings is presented.
- Pattern stamp your way to magnificent watercolor paintings. Palermo, Amy // Inside Photoshop;Oct2014, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p2
The article offers step-by-step instruction for watercolor paintings.
- AMERICAN ARTIST AND WATERCOLOR. DOHERTY, M. STEPHEN // American Artist;Feb1983, Vol. 47 Issue 487, p6
An overview of various articles published within the issue related to American artists and watercolor as a medium is presented, including a discussion on the materials and techniques of some of the innovators of medium, a tribute to American artists who have contributed to the development of...
- Windows on the past. Riegler, Shax // Magazine Antiques;Aug2008, Vol. 174 Issue 2, p60
The article reviews the exhibition "House Proud: Nineteenth-century Watercolor Interiors from the Thaw Collection" at the Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum in New York City in August 2008.
- Painting the poetry of opposites. Gray, Eloise // American Artist;Jul1994, Vol. 58 Issue 624, p36
Presents photographs of Pennsylvania artist Eileen Goodman's watercolor paintings. Interest in the play of light and shadow; Focus on the appearance of the subjects and their emotional and psychological content; Approach in depicting still life objects; Procedures in painting; Use of...
- Learning About Color. Baxter, Kathleen // American Artist;Jan2001, Vol. 65 Issue 702, p30
Relates the experience of portrait painter Donald G. Renner on watercolor painting. Paintings which was rejected by jurors in a competition; Lessons he learned from painting errors; How Renner corrected the mistakes; Workshops which were attended by Renner to improve his techniques and...