- ART. Binsee, Harry Lorin // America;4/10/1937, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p23
The article reviews two exhibitions including the exhibition that was devoted to the work of Edouard Manet at the Wildenstein Galleries in New York City in April 1931 and the second exhibition which comprises painting by Edgar Degas.
- Public Favorites (No. 3). // Time;Oct1951, Vol. 58 Issue 14, p64
The article focuses on the popularity of French artist Edgar Degas' "19th Century" studies of ballet dancers. His painting "Examen de Danse" is described as the public's favorite piece of artwork at the Denver Art Museum in Colorado. Degas is said to hate being labeled an impressionist and only...
- THE IMPRESSIONISTS. // Arte y Parte;2008, Issue 75, p169
The article reviews an exhibition titled "The Impressionists: Master Paintings from the Art Institute of Chicago," featuring works by Edouard Manet, Edgar Degas, and Claude Monet, at the Kimbell Art Museum in Texas, United States from June 29 to November 2, 2008.
- Unfinished Homage: Manet's Burial and Baudelaire. Locke, Nancy // Art Bulletin;Mar2000, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p68
Analyzes `The Burial,' a painting by Edouard Manet. Why the painter, Camille Pissarro, who owned the painting in 1894, was attracted to the painting; Kind of funeral and picture in Paris, France that the painting offers; Topography represented in `The Burial.'
- Manet's leg. Krut, Ansel // Modern Painters;Spring96, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p78
Opinion. Discusses the author's continuing fascination with the art work of Edouard Manet. Background information on Manet; Places Manet travelled; Manet's biography; Manet's style and method of painting; `Olympia;' Manet's commitment to subject matter of modern life; `The Balcony.'
- CÃ©zanne and the Modern. // Pass (17412528);Mar2014, p8
The article reviews the exhibition CÃ©zanne and the Modern held until June 22, 2014 at Ashmolean Museum in Oxford, England, which features paintings and sculptures by several artists including Paul Gaugin, Henri de Toulouse Lautrec, and Edouard Manet.
- PHOTO OP. Julien, Epaul; Kleinveld, Elizabeth // Offbeat;Jul2013, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p16
A photograph entitled "Ode to Manet's Le DÃ©jeuner sur'lHerbe," which is based in Ã‰douard Manet's painting "Le DÃ©jeuner sur'lHerbe," is presented.
- The Croquet Party. // Art Newspaper;Jan2017, Vol. 26 Issue 286, p(Sp)2
No abstract available.
- Degas's Fans. Gerstein, Marc // Art Bulletin;Mar1982, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p105
Analyzes the fan paintings of artist Edgar Degas. Painting style of Degas; Information on Degas' choice of subject for his paintings; Details on the Japanese fans most commonly shown in France and sold in Paris.