Cellular One Starts Chapter Two
- Lyons Hands Over Cellular One Reins. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;12/31/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 51, p21
Reports that Western Wireless assumed the complete control of Cellular One Group in 2001. Plan of Western Wireless for the Cellular One brand in the wireless industry; Speculation on Western Wireless; Details of the formation of Cellular One brand.
- Western to become Cellular One partner. // RCR;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p10
Reports on Cellular One Inc.'s partnership with Western Wireless Inc. for the promotion of Cellular's telecommunication services in the United States.
- Home on the Web. Goldman, Chris // Wireless Review;Nov2001, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p18
Focuses on the 1XRTT wireless data service provided by Western Wireless to the residents of Terry, Montana. Plans of Cellular One to provide commercial deployment of the service in the area; Advantages of the service; Performance of the wireless data service. INSET: Creative Data.
- Western, CenturyTel complete $96 million texas transaction. // RCR;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p26
Cites the completion of Western Wireless Corp.'s acquisition of the Brownsville and McAllen, Texas, cellular markets from CenturyTel Inc.
- Western acquires Triad properties. // RCR;05/05/97, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p14
Reports that Western Wireless Corporation has signed definitive agreements to acquire the cellular assets of Triad Cellular Corporation. Locations of the properties acquired by Western Wireless; Cost of the properties; Comments by John Stanton, chairman and chief executive officer of Western...
- Alltel rolls out rate plans to former Western Wireless, Cellular One customers. // RCR Wireless News;10/24/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p14
Focuses on the rate plans launched by Alltel Corp. for its former Western Wireless Corp. and Cellular One customers who Alltel acquired when it purchased Western Wireless on August 1, 2005. Messaging packages included in the rate plans; Advantages of the rate plans; Plan of Alltel to implement...
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;12/8/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p1
Presents news briefs on the wireless telecommunications industry as of December 8, 2003. Launch of picture-messaging capabilities to the Axcess wireless data offering of Alltel Corp.; Introduction of the OpenDoor wireless Internet access service for the Cellular One customers of Western...
- AWS Bridges Gap In California. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;11/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 45, p54
Reports on the acquisition of Cellular One in San Francisco Bay Area, California by AT&T Wireless Services (AWS). Reputation of Cellular One; Level of brand name recognition of AT&T in San Francisco; Services to be offered by AWS in the city.
- Western Wireless signs WAP contract, offers UTStarcom video phone. // RCR Wireless News;3/28/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p9
Presents updates on the products and services of Western Wireless Corp. Background on the agreement signed by Western Wireless Corp. with Wireless Services Corp. to provide Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) 2.0 access to Cellular One customers in the U.S.; Information on the release of its...