In With The New
- Midwest Zeroes In On Local Content. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;5/6/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p24
Reports on the plan of Midwest Wireless LLC to distribute the type of information that impact customers' lives every day. Comments from Tim Tupy, Midwest's product services development manager, about the content; Company that will provide Midwest with specialized content; Expectation of the...
- Midwest Wireless offers voice dialing. // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p8
Reports the decision of Midwest Wireless to offer voice-activated dialing to its customers, on October 1, 2000. Details of the voice-activated dialing feature; Remarks from Midwest president Dennis Miller.
- A flair for keeping it local. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;05/08/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 19, p80
Introduces Realm, a service that offers the convenience of a wireless for the price of wireline, developed by Midwest Wireless. How the service works; Availability of Realm; Other communication services offered by the company to stay competitive. INSET: BRIEFLY.
- Cellular/PCS. // Wireless Week;12/13/99, Vol. 5 Issue 50, p30
Presents news briefs from the telecommunication industry. Installation of the Safety Talk hands-free voice dialing service at Midwest Wireless LLC by Preferred Voice Inc.; Availability of the Internet banking services to Powertel Inc. subscribers through the carrier's alliance with nFront Inc.
- Midwest Wireless changes name to Accelera. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p46
Reports on the change of the name of Midwest Wireless LLC to Accelera Wireless.
- Midwest to offer two-way messaging. // RCR;04/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p3
Reports on plans by Midwest Wireless LLC to begin offering two-way messaging to its digital service subscribers after successful trials with Lava2140, a communications software developer. Wireless telephone models to be used for the service.
- Midwest Picks Intrado's E911. // Wireless Week;10/15/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 42, p22
Focuses on a multiyear contract signed by Midwest Wireless with Intrado Inc. Terms of the deal.
- BITS. // Wireless Week;3/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p12
Presents an update on several issues on the U.S. wireless industry as of March 1, 2003. Expansion of the digital network of Verizon Wireless in central Pennsylvania; Plan of Midwest Wireless to use PureSafety's Enterprise Learning Management System; Features of the customer Survival Analysis...
- Midwest Wireless deploys wireless data with PolarLake. // RCR Wireless News;7/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p19
Reports on the wireless data services deployed by Midwest Wireless in partnership with PolarLake. Benefits of the project on Midwest Wireless.