Surviving The Paging Demise
- Las Vegas Pager Companies. // Las Vegas Business Press;2001 Book of Lists, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p14
Presents a list of the largest pager companies in Las Vegas, Nevada, as of January 2, 2001. Names of companies; Number of employees; Products and services offered; Contact information.
- Paging industry pleased with interconnect ruling. Pate, Kelly // RCR;8/19/96, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p1
No abstract available.
- Paging Carriers. // RCR Wireless News;12/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 52, pS12
Lists the largest paging companies in the United States, ranked by total number of subscribers.
- International Paging Markets. // RCR Wireless News;12/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 52, pS14
Lists the largest international paging markets, ranked by estimated number of subscribers in each country.
- Unfazed By Peak Solar Storms. Careless, James // Wireless Week;02/21/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p32
Reports on the impact of solar storms to the paging industry in the United States. Information on the solar storms; Concerns of the industry; Actions taken by paging companies.
- Messaging Associations Dig In. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;9/2/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 32, p22
Reports on the efforts of paging carriers to stay profitable in the competitive market. Interconnection of paging networks planned by the Allied National Paging and the American Association of Paging Carriers; Concerns expressed by the groups on the bill-and keep model of the U.S. Federal...
- Paging Industry Arrives At Crossroads. Felps, Bruce // Wireless Week;09/27/99, Vol. 5 Issue 39, p26
Focuses on the paging industry in the United States. Challenges facing the industry; Efforts of carriers to develop advanced services; Application of paging technology in telemetry.
- Merger activity quiet of late, but far from over. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;03/23/98, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p25
Comment on merger activity within the United States' paging industry. Perception that the merger spree in the industry for the past years has subsided, but acquisition activity is not over; Comments from Jeanine Oburchay, associate director of Bear, Stearns and Company Incorporated; View that...
- Beeping via phones too confusing. Bruno, Antony // RCR;03/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p2
Focuses on voice carriers' inability to effectively market both paging and voice communication features. Product and market differences between voice and data communication; Keys to market positioning of text and numeric messaging on voice handsets; Comparison of how AirTouch Communications,...