- Personalized Info Pushed Wirelessly. // Wireless Week;05/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p30
Announces the availability of the Infogate 5.0 computer software from Infogate company for the management of personalized information in wireless Internet devices. Features of Infogate 5.0.
- Editors' spotlight software. // Wireless Design & Development;Sep99, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p16
Features software for wireless communications system use. Microwave PADS power design amplifier software from Focus Microwave Inc.; Sonnet Lite electromagnetic analysis software from Sonnet Software Inc.; eSeptum filter design and evaluation program from The Engineers' Club.
- Cat engines get wireless links. // Fleet Owner;May97 Supplement, Vol. 92 Issue 5, pS14
Introduces Caterpillar's Fleet Information System (FIS) version 3.0 remote engine monitoring system. Automatic transmission of information based on mileage or as needed by fleet management request; Windows 95 interface; Pulldown menus for generating management reports.
- Have your pager call my pager. Sullivan, Kristina B. // PC Week;12/08/97, Vol. 14 Issue 51, p106
Presents a buyers' guide to wireless messaging software as of December 1997. Motorola Inc.'s Air Apparent software; AirMedia Inc.'s Notify line; Omnitrend Software Inc.'s PageMaster line; More; Key wireless features; Price; Company contact information. INSETS: AirCard combines cellular, CDPD...
- Tracking cargo with software, on the Web. Judge, Tom // Railway Age;Mar2002, Vol. 203 Issue 3, p36
Reviews several pieces of computer software used in tracking railroad cargoes. ScadaNET Network wireless network software from LaBarge Inc.; OnTrax software from MRC Rail Services LLC; OptiworkOrder wireless software for railroad work order reporting from Nexterna; ShipmentVision application...
- Paragon makes data connection. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;01/05/98, Vol. 234 Issue 1, p42
Highlights the wireless-telephone software products of Paragon Software. Capabilities of FoneBook Plus, a personal organization program; Facilitation of personal messaging tasks by FoneNote.
- Cutting the cord on hosted apps. Madden, John; Degnan, Christa // PC Week;11/22/99, Vol. 16 Issue 47, p20
Focuses on vendors' introduction of computer software products for wireless computing during the 1999 Comdex computer trade show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Features of the wireless applications for application service providers.
- Powering off. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;9/2/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p30
Gives pieces of advice on customizing applications for mobile devices. Factors to consider in the customizing process; Examples of products that can help in the process.
- Killing the Software Bug. Reeves, Betsy // Wireless Review;11/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p20
Gives advice to wireless network operators on preventing and recovering from computer software defects or software bugs. Importance of monitoring to combat software bugs; Choosing a vendor that builds safeguards and feedback cycles into their products; Redundancies built by AT&T Wireless in its...
- Breaking Down the Language Barrier. Wickham, Rhonda // Wireless Review;4/1/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p28
Focuses on the synchronization computer software SyncML for wireless communications devices. Background on software development led by Douglas Heintzman, manager of business strategies and standards in IBM; Companies that participated in the development; Features and capabilities.