EarthLink Eyes Wireless Future
- Wireless Internet players add Wi-Fi, GPRS tools. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;10/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p12
Focuses on EarthLink company, a wireless Internet service provider (ISP) in the U.S. Background on the Everywhere wireless initiative of the company; Information on other wireless ISP players; Services offered by the company.
- EarthLink's wireless hopes. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;6/18/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 25, p76
Reports on the plan of Internet service provider Earthlink Network Inc. to extend its services to the wireless communication systems market. Information on the Everywhere initiative launched by the company as part of its expansion plans; Advantages of Earthlink over other Internet providers;...
- Earthlink Gambles on Wireless. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;10/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p22
Reports on the business plans of Internet service provider EarthLink as of October 2005. Financial performance of EarthLink for the second quarter of 2005; Decline in the number of subscribers to EarthLink's service; Role of wireless communications in the plans of EarthLink.
- San Francisco picks Wi-Fi partner. Garcia, Andrew // eWeek;4/17/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p24
The article reports on the plan of the city of San Francisco, California, to provide citywide Wi-Fi services for its residents and visitors alike with the help of EarthLink and Google. The joint proposal offers both paid and free services. However, advertising will play an important role for...
- Earthlink strikes wireless alliance. Le Thomas, Nguyet // America's Network;6/15/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 10, p11
In hopes of dominating a niche few other Internet service providers (ISP) have ventured into, Earthlink has partnered with Digitalpath Networks to offer wireless broadband Internet service. The deal is part of Earthlink's intention to put itself a step ahead of competitors by extending the ways...
- That's how EarthLink rolls. Matteo, Sonina // Network World;8/6/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p34
The article discusses how EarthLink dealt with Philadelphia's Wi-Fi project. According to the author, once the city gave the go signal to EarthLink, it wasted no time. It leased and built towers for deployment of nodes quickly once the proof of concept was approved. The company dispatched its...
- IT'S NOT PANNING OUT. Luna, Lynnette // Mobile Radio Technology;Oct2007, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p52
The article talks about issues concerning the implosion of the municipal wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi) market in the U.S. Accordingly, EarthLink Inc., one of the service's largest backers, has scaled back its initiatives and some cities scrapped their wireless access plans. Vendors and Internet...
- Giants Forge Wireless Ties. Smetannikov, Max; McGinity, Meg // Inter@ctive Week;05/29/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p66
Reports on the move of Internet service providers (ISP) such as EarthLink, BellSouth.net and America Online to partner with existing wireless network operators. Partnership between EarthLink and Sprint PCS; Challenges faced by the ISP firms; Wireless broadband service of WorldCom.
- Let's make a deal. Levine, Shira // Telephony;07/21/97, Vol. 233 Issue 3, p43
Presents information on Earthlink Network's customer acquisition program. Financial advantage for smaller internet service providers (ISP); Customer growth for Earthlink.