Equipment Providers' Makeovers Nearly Done
- LUCENT, NORTEL SHAKE UP THEIR MANAGEMENT, PRODUCT ROSTERS. LaBarba, Liane H. // Telephony;10/14/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on the business reorganization of Lucent Technologies and Nortel Networks. Resignation of Nortel president Frank Plastina; Division of the company networks into two; Clarification in the product portfolio of Lucent.
- Declining dollar, SARS and local vendors impact firms looking for China biz. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;6/9/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p3
Explains that the decline of the U.S. dollar foreign exchange rate and the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) epidemic could impact on firms doing business in China as of June 9, 2003. Advantage of declining U.S. dollar to Motorola Inc., Nortel Networks Ltd. and Lucent Technologies Inc.;...
- As buildout loses steam, professional services grow. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;8/4/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the increase in revenue of the professional services of various telecommunication companies. Motorola Inc.; Nortel Networks Ltd.; Nokia Corp.; Lucent Technologies Inc.
- Some telecom vendors riding out storm nicely. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;5/13/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p6
Reports on the telecommunication vendors that posted profits during recession in the United States.. Profits posted by Nortel Networks Inc., Lucent Technologies Inc. and Motorola Inc.; Smaller companies that posted gains; Performance of Siemens in the stock market.
- China opens to cdma2000. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;5/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p3
Reports on the contract agreements of China Unicom with Lucent Technologies Inc., L.M. Ericsson, Motorola Inc. and Nortel Networks Corp. for the delivery of mobile telephones in China. Increase in the number of mobile phone users in China; Comparison between China and the United States in terms...
- 3G contract rebids give vendors second chance. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;4/7/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the possible advantage of the use of universal mobile telecommunications systems by small equipment vendors to win third generation (3G) contracts. Reason for the possible 3G contracts of Nortel Networks Ltd. and Lucent Technologies Inc.; Plans of Motorola Inc. to roll out its full...
- Communications Equipment in the United States. // Communications Equipment Industry Profile: United States;November 2004, p1
Presents a profile of the Communications Equipment industry in the United States. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.
- Communications Equipment in Canada. // Communications Equipment Industry Profile: Canada;November 2004, p1
Presents a profile of the Communications Equipment industry in Canada. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in...
- FYI. // Wireless Week;12/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 25, p11
Presents news on wireless communications technologies and services in the U.S. as of December 15, 2004. Equipment deals awarded by Sprint to Lucent Technologies, Motorola and Nortel Networks; Creation of the largest Sprint affiliate with the combination of Alamosa and Airgate PCS; Agreement...