Power To The Palm
- Palm Splits Business Units. // Wireless Week;8/6/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 32, p20
Announces the reshuffling of Palm Inc. business divisions.
- PALM PROMISES TURNAROUND. Nobel, Carmen; Carolan, Matt // eWeek;1/7/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p29
Reports the business plan of the Palm Inc. Emphasis of the wireless device with push electronic mail; Consideration of the lawsuit against Xerox over handwriting recognition technology; Separation of software unit. INSET: Palm tries to hang on.
- Companies Target Enterprise Users. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;7/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 26, p9
Reveals the plans of Palm Inc. and 3Com Corp. to target the enterprise market. Production plans of Palm with its i705 handheld; Aim of 3Com in the enterprise market; Loss posted by 3Com in the quarter that ended May 31, 2002.
- Name games. // Australian Personal Computer;Oct2003, Vol. 23 Issue 10, Following p32
Palm Computing Inc. has decided it's time for a bold new corporate identity. And they've come up with palmOne. No doubt Palm chose the numerical suffix to avoid being confused with all the other handheld-making companies named Palm out there.
- Palm's Foleo: Bad execution, not a bad idea. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;9/10/2007, Vol. 248 Issue 14, p14
The article comments on the move of mobile communication firm Palm Inc. to stop the release of mobile companion device Foleo before its expected launch. The company is focusing on the development of Treo platform, a line of smartphones with Bluetooth connection, electronic mail, document editing...
- Selling intelligence. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;8/27/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p2
Deals with the business model of competing against one's own technology or selling business intelligence adopted by Palm Inc. and Motorola Inc. Plan of Palm to spin off its operating systems unit; Decision of Motorola to sell its handset technology to rivals; Analysis of whether the decisions...
- SPRINT & PALM: Win, Lose or Draw? Barg, Andrew // Wireless Week;5/1/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses the issue concerning Sprint Nextel's gamble on investing the release of Palm Pre phones manufactured and marketed by Palm Inc. It cites that Sprint has high expectations on acquiring large sales from the Pre phones. It also indicates Sprint has been optimistic on the...
- News Headlines. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Aug2008, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p234
The article offers world news briefs to the telecommunications industry. Velocita Wireless LP has announced the closing of its agreement with Bell Industries Inc. to purchase SkyTel Corp. StrataLight Communications company has opened European office in Paris to support its customers in the...
- Stocks to Sell -- Palm and Nokia. Larson, Paul // Morningstar StockInvestor;10/15/2009, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p28
The article offers information on the two electronic companies that do not have the critical mass needed to compete effectively in the U.S. It states that Palm Inc. has switched its course from offering smartphones running Microsoft's MSFT Windows Mobile operating system to developing new WebOS....