Qualcomm Hangs Onto The Chips
- Qualcomm drops semiconductor spinoff. // RCR Wireless News;7/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p18
Reports on the decision of Qualcomm Inc. to drop its spin off plan for its semiconductor business.
- Analysts Like Qualcomm's Spinoff Plan. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;07/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p1
Reports on industry analysts' view on telecommunications firm Qualcomm Inc.'s plan to spinoff its chip set business. Strategic value of the proposed spinoff; Latitude in cross licensing technology of the company to be called Spinco; Challenges in Qualcomm Inc.'s current configuration.
- Qualcomm Takes Full Possession of Wireless Firm. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p8
Reports the purchase of the share of Microsoft Corp. by Qualcomm Inc. in a joint venture known as Wireless Knowledge Inc. in San Diego, California. Services provided by Wireless Knowledge; Factors in the break up of the venture; Introduction of Microsoft of own products.
- Kyocera Thinks Globally With Handset Purchase. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p17
Focuses on the purchase of the handset division of Qualcomm company by Kyocera Corp. Implication of Qualcomm's divestiture; Terms of the agreement; Plans of Kyocera for the handset business.
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;1/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p1
Reports on Qualcomm Inc.'s review of the need for and timing of its proposed initial public offering of its semiconductor business, Qualcomm Spinco Inc., which it plans to spin off.
- A Qualcomm Spin For GSM. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p1
Deals with the plans of Qualcomm Corp. to spin off its semiconductor and software business into the company, Spinco to enter the global system for mobile communications market. Explanation on the spin off plans of Qualcomm; Prospects of Qualcomm's code division multiple access technology...
- Qualcomm spinoff of Leap complete. // RCR;09/28/98, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p22
Reports that on September 23, 1998, the spinoff of Leap Wireless International Inc., was completed by Qualcomm Inc. What investors of record September 11, 1998 received; When regular trading of Leap Wireless began on the Nasdaq market.
- CDMA firm sells phone division while advancing technology. Mannion, Patrick // Electronic Design;01/24/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p28
Reports that Qualcomm Inc. has sold its terrestrial-based code division multiple access (CDMA) phone division to Kyocera Corp. Rationale for the sale; Completion of the world's first successful over-the-air phone calls compliant with the industry-standard 3G CDMA; MSM5000 solution for mobile...
- Mobilizing for the Next Wireless War. Murphy, Tom // Electronic News;07/31/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 31, p4
Deals with the plans of Qualcomm Inc. to spin off its integrated circuit and software business into a new company, Spinco. Rationale behind Qualcomm's decision to focus on its code division multiple access technology; Reason behind its spin off plans; Revenues posted by Qualcomm in the first...