Diversified XO Bent On Long-Term Survival
- XO pushes up offer for Global Crossing. // RCR Wireless News;6/30/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p5
Reports on the tender offer of XO Communications Inc. for Global Crossing Ltd. Terms under the offer; Plan of Global Crossing to request for the extension on its agreement to sell majority of the company to Singapore Technologies Telemedia Ptd Ltd.
- XO plots out restructuring options. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;5/20/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p23
Reports on the debt restructuring options of XO Communications Inc. Details of the stand alone business plan of XO; Stakes of XO investors in the proposed business plan; Net loss incurred by XO in the first quarter of 2002 ending March 31.
- Local wireless carriers bolster service for edge. Marks, Andrew // Crain's New York Business;9/24/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p16
Focuses on the business strategies of wireless telephone companies in the United States. Improvement in customer service and sales efforts; Expansion in coverage and reliability of wireless telephone connections; Installation of network for railroad commuters by Vericon Communication Inc.
- Happy with your old cellphone? Els, Frik // Finance Week;3/29/2002, p54
Focuses on the business plans of cellphone manufacturers and network operators. Improvement in the features, capabilities and form factor of cellphones; Decrease in revenues; Difficulty in persuading the average consumer to upgrade their units.
- Growth accelerate in the Middle East. // Wireless Asia;Jun2006, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p10
The article reports on the strong growth of mobile market in the Middle East. Such growth was due to the increasing issuance of licenses, competitions and the use of good business strategies. Of the countries in the Middle East, Iraq had posted the strongest growth at 220 percent for the quarter...
- Ear Communications Inc. to expand. Thurston, Lawson D. // Caribbean Business;10/5/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 39, p35
The article reports on the plan of the Ear Communications Inc., a Carolina-based company which repairs, remanufactures and provides logistics services for cellular phones to expand operations in Puerto Rico. 20 additional jobs will be added and a $100,00 investment. The company will become the...
- Motorola Pullout Produces Ripple Effect. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;12/10/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the decision of Motorola Inc. to stop making pagers by the middle of 2002. Reason for the decision of Motorola; Expectation on the effects of the decision of the company on the wireless communication service industry; Business plans of Motorola.
- The undaunted upstart. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;12/18/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 25, p40
Focuses on the telecommunication service provider, XO Communications. Aim of the company's business plan; Goal of XO regarding Internet Protocol-based broadband services; Target market of the XO Options service packages; Advantage offered by the Ethernet service launched by the company with...
- XO Shaves $200M Off Debt. // Electronic News (10616624);1/26/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 4, pN.PAG
Reports on the issuance of shares of common stock by broadband player XO Communications Inc. from its rights offering, in January 2004. Net value of the shares; Use of the proceeds from the transaction.