A Second Set of Eyes: An Introduction to Tele-ICU
- Inside the ICU: A Nursing Perspective. Bell, Linda // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2011, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p98
The article reviews the book "Inside the ICU: A Nursing Perspective," by Melody M. Stenrose.
- Beacon Award Spotlights Excellent Units. // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2008 Supplement, Vol. 28, p40
This article discusses the commitment of the Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses. According to the article, the award recognizes individual critical care units as well as progressive care units that meet high-quality standards. It gives...
- Death with dignity: devising a withdrawal of treatment process. Hunter, Joanna K.; Dean, Tamsin; Gowan, Jenny // British Journal of Nursing;2/9/2006, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p138
In 2002, a study was undertaken at St Thomas' Hospital to ascertain whether nurses felt adequately prepared in caring for patients in the intensive care unit (ICU) during the withdrawal of treatment (WoT) process (Dean, 2002). The study concluded that nurses on the ICU were unclear of the...
- Herding CATs: A Nurse Manager's Dream to Increase Quality of Care. Jacobs, Louise; Madrid, Pam // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2010, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p63
The article focuses on the significance of clinical action teams (CATs) in the U.S. It notes that CATs came out as the most effective means of ensuring quality of care in an intensive care unit (ICU). They are teams of staff nurses who apply best practice standards to clinical issues in the...
- Esta es mi unidad: la Unidad de Cuidado Intensivo PediÃ¡trico del Sanatorio de Alta Complejidad Sagrado CorazÃ³n. Echazarreta, Silvina; Mendez, Sonia // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p86
No abstract available.
- Principais causas de insuficiÃªncia renal aguda em unidades de terapia intensiva: intervenÃ§Ã£o de enfermagem. de Souza Santos, Eliandro; da Silva Marinho, Carina Martins // Revista de Enfermagem ReferÃªncia;jun2013, Issue 9, p181
Introduction: Acute Renal Insufficiency is a common complication in the hospital and its incidence varies with the severity of the patient's underlying condition. Goals: To identify the main causes of Acute Renal Insufficiency in patients admitted to an intensive care unit and to describe the...
- SESSION 2: END-OF-LIFE CARE: The views of ICU nurses on end-of-life care in public sector ICUs. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p36
An abstract of the article "The views of ICU nurses on end-of-life care in public sector ICUs," by Shelley Schmollgruber and Gayle Langley is presented.
- Session 3: EDUCATION AND LEARNING: Evaluating the mentor in critical care. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p38
An abstract of the article "Evaluating the mentor in critical care," by Jochen Bergs and colleagues is presented.
- ABSTRACTS: POSTER PRESENTATIONS: Opinions of nurses working in intensive care units about euthanasia. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p66
An abstract of the article "Opinions of nurses working in intensive care units about euthanasia," by Sevim Ã‡elik and colleagues is presented.