Endangered Upper Delaware River
- Bioassessment of Fish Communities of the Upper Delaware River. Van Snik Gray, Ellen; Ross, Robert M.; Bennett, Randy M. // Northeastern Naturalist;2005, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p203
We assessed the biotic integrity of the middle-to-upper Delaware River. We sampled fish and assembled water quality data for eight stations and three habitat types (pool, riffle, and submerged aquatic vegetation [SAV]) of the Delaware River and applied an existing index of biotic integrity (IBI)...
- Introduction. Buck, Pearl S. // Bucks County & the Delaware Valley Alive!;2002, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one that provides as an artistic guide that connects the region surrounding the Delaware River to its visitors and another that gives an overview of the Bucks County and the Delaware River Valley.
- Delaware. THEMAL, HARRY // National Geographic;Aug2013, Vol. 224 Issue 2, p7
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article in the April 2013 issue which discusses the official name of a body of water in Delaware, designated by the U.S, Board on Geographic Names as Brandywine Creek.
- Notices: DELAWARE RIVER BASIN COMMISSION. // Federal Register;2/24/2014, Vol. 79 Issue 36, p10132
The article announces that the Delaware River Basin Commission will hold a public hearing on March 11, 2014.
- GAO Study Stomps Delaware Dredging Project. Ebersole, Rene // National Wildlife (World Edition);Oct/Nov2002, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p63
Focuses on the impact of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers' Delaware River dredging project on General Accounting Office in Delaware. Reaction of National Wildlife Federation and Delaware Nature Society on the project; Economic justification of the project; Indication on the annual benefits of...
- Delaware's Main Rivers. // Monkeyshines on America;Sep98 U.S. Waterways Issue, p18
Describes Delaware's main rivers. Delaware's largest and most important river; Small bays.
- Delaware River Shipping Channel now has 4th section deepened to 45 feet. // American Journal of Transportation;6/24/2013, Issue 558, p14
The article reports that according to officials of the Philadelphia Regional Port Authority (PRPA), the completion of Reach D, an 11-mile stretch of the main shipping channel of the Delaware River, has resulted in nearly 60 percent completion of the Delaware River Main Channel Deepening Project.
- Delaware affiliate enlists landowners in stream corridor protection program. // International Wildlife;
Reports on the Delaware Nature Society's partnership with landowners for the protection of streams in northern Delaware. Landowners' pledge regarding the protection of the streams and the area around them; Services provided by the society to landowners.
- Living Downtown. Houstoun, Lawrence O. // Planning;Feb2007, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p23
The article profiles the central part of the city of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania. Central Philadelphia consists of Center City, the two square miles between the Delaware and Schuylkill rivers and the adjoining neighborhoods to the north and south. Its fastest growing neighborhoods are Old City...