Report urges adding water systems to U.S. infrastructure challenges
- Infrastructure study: Status quo 'a precarious option' for U.S. // Government Product News;Dec2008, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p6
The article reports developments in the infrastructure industry in the U.S. According to a report co-published by the Urban Land Institute (ULI) and Ernst & Young Inc., the country needs to overhaul its outdated regional infrastructure planning process and create a viable federal framework. It...
- Solving Infrastructure Problems Takes Civic Vision. London, Gary // San Diego Business Journal;5/24/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p39
In this article the author discusses the call of the Urban Land Institute (ULI) for a National Vision to solve infrastructure problems in the U.S. He cites the belief of ULI that resource allocation and programs for system repair and modernization will promote economic growth. He suggests that...
- Happy Public Works Week. Johnston, Stephanie // Public Works;May2010, Vol. 141 Issue 5, p7
The author reflects on private investment which is viewed by the financial community and some public sector as the only hope for the infrastructure of the U.S. She refers to the fourth annual analysis of the Urban Land Institute and the company Ernst & Young which shows the U.S. infrastructure...
- The Road Ahead for Infrastructure. Fleming, Sibley // National Real Estate Investor;May2009, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p16
The article examines the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act on roads and infrastructure in the U.S. It relates to the $132.4 billion assigned to the repair and maintenance of old roads, bridges and water supply. However, Maureen McAvery, executive vice president of the Urban Land Institute...
- Hot spots. RICHARDSON, VANESSA; VILLANO, MATT // Entrepreneur;Aug2015, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p48
The article offers information on several U.S. metro areas including Salt Lake City in Utah, Baltimore in Maryland and Nashville in Tennessee, with established infrastructure and skilled work forces that provides an opportunity for startups. It mentions median household income, unemployment and...
- ULI creates local chapter. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;10/23/95, Vol. 34 Issue 43, p10
Reports on Urban Land Institute chapters created in Westchester and Fairfield counties for land use, planning and real estate professionals working in the areas. Details on institute's Westchester-Fairfield district council; Comments from officials; Information on the Urban Land Institute.
- Doing good by doing nothing. // Journal of Property Management;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p10
Highlights speeches at the November 1996 Urban Land Institute conference in San Francisco. Effect of the 1996 election results to the real estate industry; Possibilities of economic expansion.
- Untitled. // Buildings;Aug93, Vol. 87 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the Urban Land Institute's program `Urban View,' for its fall meeting scheduled November 3-7, 1993 in Boston, Massachusetts. Real estate decision makers' expected attraction to the program; Components.
- National urban developers conference here. // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/22/96, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p27
Reports that the Urban Land Institute's spring conference, which will analyze Cleveland's comeback and physical developments, will be held from April 25th-27th, 1996. Information on the Institute; Information on a scheduled 7:30 a.m. April 27th session.