Stimulus funds slow in coming
- SAWS water projects to receive funds. // Underground Construction;Mar2008, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p5
The article reports on the approval of U.S. President George W. Bush to finance the San Antonio Water Systems (SAWS) project in Texas. It was stated that the project will receive $1.2 million from the omnibus appropriations package that was signed by the president. Furthermore, the federal...
- Sewer Hikes in the Pipeline. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/19/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33733, p7
The article offers information on the approval of Little Rock, Arkansas Board of Directors to increase the Little Rock Wastewater Utility through 2016 to finance construction of facilities needed to comply with a 2001 lawsuit settlement.
- Funds awarded to improve water/ wastewater infrastructure. // Underground Construction;Mar2010, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the 10 million dollars funding received by the Water Environment Research Foundation (WERF) to evaluate new technologies that will help utilities cope with aging and failing water and wastewater systems in the U.S.
- September. Bui, Ann // Opflow Online;Sep2014, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses the financing mechanisms for the projects of municipal water and wastewater utilities in the U.S.
- "How can cloud computing help the water industry transition to excellence in asset operations?". Thasarathar, Dominic // Utility Week;2/20/2015, p23
The article discusses three ways regarding how the cloud computing can help the water industry of Great Britain to quickly transition its services to excellence in asset operations which include infinite computing, generative design and phone a thousand friends.
- Planes, trains, auto mobiles. Walker, Chris // Money (14446219);Sep2002, p40
Reports on privatized infrastructure financing in Australia. Information on investment choices; Details on price caps; Characteristics of infrastructure projects.
- A market of almost unlimited potential. Sheldon, Geoff // Asian Business Review;Jun95, p46
Discusses infrastructure spending in Asia. Growth of the middle class as it relates to pressure on housing, sport and recreation facilities; Main importers of infrastructure services; Medium term outlook.
- How not to stimulate the economy. Bartlett, Bruce // Public Interest;Summer93, Issue 112, p99
Looks into the results of the curious phenomenon of the policies of ten American presidents from Bill Clinton backwards of pushing for public works-based stimulus programs even when economic recession has been over. Keynesian economics of using public works to jump-start the economy; Truman...
- STATE PROJECTS STALL. Edmonson, R. G. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);3/8/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p25
The article reports that the 2,000 foot bridge over the Colorado River gorge just below the Hoover Dam stalls due to lack of long-term federal support.
- It seems a rather good bet. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/11/95, Vol. 235 Issue 24, p62
Editorial. Comments on new concepts for financing infrastructure without further straining public coffers. Proposal for an Interstate Financial Corp.; Criticism on the plan.