Stimulus funds slow in coming
- Financialising household water: Thames Water, MEIF, and ‘ring-fenced’ politics. Allen, John; Pryke, Michael // Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy & Society;Nov2013, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p419
Since the privatisation of water in England and Wales in 1989, a shift in the pattern of ownership towards more consortia-led, global infrastructure funds has witnessed the emergence of a skewed distribution model of financialised infrastructure in the household water sector. A model of debt...
- Are the Infrastructure Dollars Enough? Ellison, T. D. // Water Canada;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p38
The article focuses on the issue regarding the funding of municipal water infrastructure across Canada. The author mentions that there is strong pressure to renew the funds for water and wastewater infrastructure, as funds need to compete with other very visible municipal needs, such as transit...
- Sewer Hikes in the Pipeline. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/19/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33733, p7
The article offers information on the approval of Little Rock, Arkansas Board of Directors to increase the Little Rock Wastewater Utility through 2016 to finance construction of facilities needed to comply with a 2001 lawsuit settlement.
- Government to spend $7.8 billion. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;9/29/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p10
Reports on the plans of the Puerto Rican government to spend $7.8 billion for the country's infrastructure projects as revealed in the Economic Summit. Meeting objective to map out a course of action to address the country's infrastructure issues; Summary of proposed allocations by Governor...
- Structuring and funding public private partnership projects in Ireland. Gallagher, Robert; Bryce, Cathy // Accountancy Ireland;Dec1998, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p6
Describes how public private partnership (PPP) are typically structured and financed, and the interest among the financial community to fund such ventures in Ireland. PPP as a method for funding large scale public sector infrastructure projects; Financing sources; Forecast about a strong...
- Panel Sees Best Hope for Transportation on the Local Level. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/28/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33340, p3
The article offers views from members of an expert panel concerning solutions to shortfalls facing California in financing transportation infrastructure.
- Steel Workers president wants second stimulus. Bogardus, Kevin // Hill;10/30/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 128, p14
The article reports on the proposal of United Steel Workers President Leo Gerard and U.S. Steel President John Surma for President Barack Obama to allocate stimulus funds for infrastructure in the U.S.
- Top 100 Projects: Spending Breakdown. // ReNew Canada;2011, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p9
The article talks about the release of a white paper by the "ReNew CANADA" magazine that will present the financing details of each project included in the Top 100 list of biggest infrastructure projects in Canada.
- Innovations surface in infrastructure financing. T.K. // Concrete Products;Mar1997, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p17
Discusses innovations in infrastructure financing in the United States. Features of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991; Elements of innovative financing; State infrastructure banks; Deputy Federal Highway Administrator Garvey's examination of financing methods. INSETS:...