Busted water main floods street, causes road cave-in
- Florida escrow bonds draw market ire, official response. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;04/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30383, p1
Reports on the city-owned Gainesville Regional Utilities' efforts to redeem up to $280 million in escrow-to-maturity utility bonds. Effect of the move on bonds market players; Emergence of questions regarding Gainesville Regional Utilities' right to call the escrow-to-maturity bonds before due...
- GRU: Gainesville Regional Utilities (Florida). // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p48A
Features the Gainesville Regional Utilities in Florida. Headquarters; Contact information; Top executives; Ratings and outlook; Total 1998 revenues; Bond issues.
- Florida Utility Receives State Approval for Biomass-To-Energy Facility. // Solid Waste Report;8/12/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on the approval by the Florida Public Service Commission in August 2010 of a petition that allows Gainesville Regional Utilities and American Renewables to operate a biomass-to-energy plant in the state.
- Gainesville Regional Utility Selects Zimmerman. Griswold, Alicia // Adweek Southeast Edition;06/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p2
Provides information on the advertising contract awarded to The Zimmerman Agency by Tallahassee, Florida based-Gainesville Regional Utility. Value of the advertising account; Reason for choosing Zimmerman for the advertising job; Details on the process of selecting an agency; Background of...
- The Geospatial Information & Technology Associationâ€¦. // GEOWorld;Jun2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p34
The article reports on the announcement of Geospatial Information and Technology Association that Gainesville Regional Utilities and Florida Power and Light have won the 2008 GITA Excellence Awards.
- FPL Services. Risley, Rob // Government Product News;Apr2013, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p21
The article reports on the negotiation of FPL Services LLC, the subsidiary of Florida Power & Light Co. with Gainesville Regional Utility (GRU), a local power supplier, and Agency for People with Disabilities (APD) on the financial incentives from a rebate of $40,000 to a total of almost $170,000.
- Feed-In Tariffs On A Roll. Masia, Seth // Solar Today;Apr2010, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p16
The article reports on the roundup of feed-in tariff (FIT) program, a demand that utility companies pay for the power they acquire from privately owned installations across the U.S. It says that American states have established dozen FIT programs, and become wildly accepted because of being...
- Projects of the Year AWARD Winners SHOW Innovation, Ingenuity. DAVIS, KATHLEEN // POWERGRID International;Apr2010, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p46
The article features the winners of the Projects of the Year awards given by "Powergrid International" for 2010. They include the Best Energy Efficiency/Demand Response Project of the Year to PJM Interconnection, Best Renewable Energy Grid Integration Project of the Year to Gainesville Regional...
- ASH PUMP RETROFIT REDUCES MAINTENANCE COSTS AND IMPROVES RELIABILITY. Shaw, Joe W. // Power Engineering;Aug2002, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p51
Discusses the benefits of ash pump retrofitting at the power plant of Gainesville Regional Utilities in Deerhaven, east of the Mississippi River. Description of ther ash pumps; Operating problems of the ash pumps; Cost of the repair and maintenance of ash pumps. INSET: State-of-the art plant.