SAWS rate-hike plan spurring opposition
- Monarch rate talks in Austin. // Malakoff News (TX);5/ 4/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 16, p12A
The article reports on the continuous talks in Austin, Texas over the proposed sewer and water rate increase in 2012, which involve several parties including Monarch Utilities, Texans Against Monopolies Excessive Rates (TAMER), and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
- South Bay water rates hiked up with little fanfare. // La Prensa San Diego;8/31/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 35, p6
The article reports that the Sweetwater Authority Board in South Bay, California has passed rate increase for water utilities.
- 50 Years Ago... // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);6/5/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p11
An excerpt from the article "Water Rates Increased for Users Outside Whitney City Limits" in the June 7, 1963 issue is presented.
- City raises base water rate. // Malakoff News (TX);10/17/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 42, p1A
The article reports that the Malakoff City Council in Texas has approved the change in the city's water rates.
- O'Fallon water rates to rise annually for next 5 years. Castile, Raymond // St. Charles Journal;7/31/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 61, pA3
The article reports that annual water rate hikes have been approved by the city council in O'Fallon, Missouri.
- O'Fallon proposes water rate hike, lower sewer fee. Castile, Raymond // St. Charles Journal;7/17/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 57, pA3
The article reports that O'Fallon, Missouri residents may have to pay more for water as the city council will vote on a proposed bill to increase water rate, which also suggests lower sewer fee on July 28, 2011.
- Cottonwood Shores ups its water rates. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);4/23/2014, Vol. 141 Issue 17, p9A
The article reports that the city council of Cottonwood Shores, Texas has voted on April 24, 2014 to raise its water rates effective on June 1, 2014.
- Trying to Understand What Makes Sense. Spriggs, William // Washington Informer;7/31/2014, Vol. 49 Issue 42, p22
The author argues against the minimal efforts of the U.S. federal government to address the many problems in Detroit, Michigan particularly the hike in water rates.
- Charging in Republic may spur NI change. Ockenden, Karma // Utility Week;2/11/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the plan to reintroduce domestic water charges in the Republic of Ireland that could lead to the issuance of water billing for households in Northern Ireland.