CIPP Lining A Cost-Effective Solution For Corroded Concrete Pipes
- It Could Have Been ORDINARY. STOCKING, ANGUS W. // GEOWorld;Mar2013, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p18
The article focuses on the redesign of the NW 62nd Avenue in Johnston, Iowa. The widening and reconstruction project was undertaken by Foth Infrastructure & Environment LLC. The company saw an opportunity to cost-effectively lessen corridor delays, increase pedestrian safety, and reduce the...
- Rehabilitating underground pipes. Sorrell, Phillip; Foszcz, Joseph L. // Plant Engineering;6/5/95, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p66
Discusses the maintenance and repair of underground piping systems. Pipeline repair methods; Slip lining of pipes; Cured-in-place pipes; Advantages of trenchless technology.
- Waxes could gain new uses for rehabilitating aging pipes. Papanikolaw, Jim // Chemical Market Reporter;12/07/98, Vol. 254 Issue 23, p12
Reports on the use of waxes to rehabilitate underground pipelines in the United States. Growth of interest in the patented ThermoSeal process; Market potential for ThermoSeal waxes; Subjection of current methods of fixing pipes to Occupational Safety and Health Administration requirements;...
- Choosing the right tool. McGee, Thomas // Underground Construction;Jan1997, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p28
The article discusses how to detect water leaks in underground pipelines. Tools in detecting water leaks; Effectivity of the tools; Price range of the tools.
- Cups beat needles in court. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/23/95, Vol. 235 Issue 17, p20
Reports on the ruling of a federal district court in Houston, Texas regarding a patent infringement claim filed by Insituform Technologies Inc. (IT) against several construction firms for the IT's cured-in-place technology. Court's upholding of the patent infringement claim; Use of IT's...
- Turbine flowmeters the choice for maintenance, verification. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jul96, Vol. 223 Issue 7, p48
Focuses on the importance of turbine flowmeters for maintenance and verification of underground pipeline systems. Underground pipelines as the safest and most economical system of transportation of petroleum products in the United States; Importance of flowmeter performance.
- Village Installs New Mobile Meter Reading System. // WaterWorld;May2011, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p44
The article reports on the installation of the Master Meter 3G Mobile Drive-By system, a mobile meter reading system from Foth Infrastructure and Environment LLC for the village of Chebanse in Chicago, Illinois. It notes that the village has considered several factors including the meter types...
- Cleanup Begins at Wisconsin's Ashland Lakefront Site. // Hazardous Waste/Superfund Alert;5/9/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p4
The article discusses the six stage soil cleanup program at the Ashland Lakefront site, Wisconsin as of May 2014. It states that the cleanup is a joint venture of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources which will be coordinate by the Green...
- Award-winning HDD water project. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jul98, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p47
Details Stanley Consultants' small-budget project which won the Grand Conceptor Award from the Consulting Engineers Council of Iowa. Innovative use of horizontal directional drilling (HDD) on water line replacement project in West Des Moines; Horizontal Drilling Technologies' installation of...