Detroit Plans $100M for Casino With Help From State
- Foxwoods Casino's Mashantucket tribe will privately place revenue bonds. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;11/06/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30516, p1
Reports that the Mashantucket Western Pequot tribe will privately place taxable special revenue bonds in November 1998. Backing of the bond by excess free cash flow generated by the tribe's Connecticut-based Foxwoods Resort and Casino; Hazards associated with relying on excess cash; Use of...
- Michigan. Ward, Andrew; Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;08/06/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30203, p28
Presents news items about municipal bonds in Michigan. Financing and regulatory approval awaited by the Central Wayne County Energy Recovery Limited Partnership; Refusal by officials with the Detroit-Wayne County Port Authority to be part of a casino development.
- Too many tribal casinos? buyers, though wary, still bet on debt. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;03/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30589, p7
Looks at the performance of bonds sold by Native American tribes to finance casinos. Market debut of the Mashantucket Pequots' Foxwoods Casino in Ledyard, Connecticut; Investors' worry about oversaturation of the market; Backup in rates and widening of credit spreads; Analysis of the sector by...
- Atlantic City, N.J., Downgraded to Baa2 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34016, p1
The article informs that the credit rating firm Moody's Investors Service Inc. has announced that it has downgraded Atlantic City, New Jersey's underlying general obligation rating to Baa2 from Baa1, thereby affecting 219 million U.S. dollars of outstanding general obligation and city-guaranteed...
- New Jersey. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;08/18/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30211, p24
Reports on the appointment of Doris McClinton as member of New Jersey's Casino Reinvestment Development Authority and the agency's issuance of $90 million of Financial Security Assurance-insured parking fee revenue bonds. McClinton's career history.
- IRS Suggests Private-Letter Rulings to Casino-Building Tribes. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31884, p3
Reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service has cautioned tribes to get a private-letter ruling first before building hotel and casino complexes. Use of tax-exempt bonds to build Seminole's second hotel and casino complex in South Florida; Federal tax code limiting the cost of issuance for...
- Casino Group Urges Christie to Sign Atlantic City Rescue Package. Coen, Andrew // Bond Buyer;9/2/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34371, p1
The Casino Association of New Jersey is pressing New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie to not delay in signing an Atlantic City financial assistance package so that the financially-strapped city can collect much-needed revenue in 2015.
- Surviving Atlantic City Casinos Show Strength: Study. Coen, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/8/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34391, p1
Atlantic City's surviving casinos are showing signs of strength, according to a new study from Stockton University's Lloyd D. Levenson Institute of Gaming, Hospitality & Tourism.
- Christie Conditionally Vetoes Atlantic City Rescue Bills. Coen, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/10/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34408, p21
The article reports that on November 9, 2015, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie announced his conditional vetoes of Atlantic City rescue bills that establishes payments-in-lieu of taxes program for casinos over 15-year period, approved by New Jersey Legislature in June 2015. Topics discussed...