TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories
- MSRB Ready to Embark On New, Broader Mission. Clarke, Peter // Bond Buyer;9/27/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33389, p28
In this article the author discusses the mission of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) on the Doss-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection law signed by U.S. President Barack Obama.
- Clarke Defends Self-Regulation. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/26/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33205, p1
The article reports that Peter Clarke, managing director of the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), explained how its existing dealer-dominated structure has served the market. He says that the MSRB has a proud history of investor protection and that self-regulation has worked...
- California Republican Sponsors Bill Classifying Bond Consultants as Lobbyists. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32127, p39
The article reports that Keith Richman, a California lawmaker is sponsoring legislation to regulate the use of bond consultants in the state. AB 513 would require bond consultants to register as lobbyists under California lobbying disclosure laws. Daniel Pellissier, chief of staff for the bill's...
- Bonds and the BFF Problem. Marlowe, Justin // Governing;Apr2014, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p67
The article discusses government policies on American municipal bond market as of April 2014. The topics discussed include taxation of municipal bonds, regulation of bond market by Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's rule to promote...
- IRS: Some of Scottsdale, Ariz. MPC’s 2013 Refunding Bonds Taxable. Hume, Lynn // Bondbuyer.com;8/13/2015, p1
The Internal Revenue Service claims that some of the bonds issued in 2013 by the Scottsdale, Ariz., Municipal Property Corp. to refinance the term of a lease for a garage are taxable.
- Munis Mixed Ahead of New Supply, Jobs Report. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;5/5/2015, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds finished mixed on Monday, as trading was expected to remain subdued this week ahead of Friday's release of the April employment report.
- Mobile, Ala. to Soon Protest, Appeal IRS' Decision on 2006 Warrants. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/4/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F346, p1
Mobile, Ala., next week will file a protest and an appeal of the Internal Revenue Service's proposed adverse determination that some general obligation refunding and improvement warrants it issued in 2006 are taxable.
- Reform Bill Will Shake Up Market. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;6/28/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33340, p1
The article focuses on the aspect of the U.S. financial reform legislation, which is expected to authorized changes to the way the municipal bond market is regulated. It signed into law, the bill will authorize the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) to oversee non-dealer regulated...
- SEC Muni Plan's Fate Uncertain. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;12/10/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32770, p1
The article reports developments concerning the proposed muni-Edgar system by Christopher Cox, chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Cox directed the commission staff to draft changes to the Rule 15c2-12 that would require issuers to send disclosure information to the...