NEW YORK: N.Y. Fed Sees Area Uptick
- Manufacturing activity slows in New York in December. // Business Journal (Central New York);1/21/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the slow pace expansion of manufacturing activity in the New York area, according to the New York Federal Reserve. Decline in the bank's Empire State Manufacturing index; Percentage decline in the employment index; Retreat of the general-business conditions index.
- More Manufacturing Misery. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/16/2016, pA01
7 New York manufacturing activity contracted a 7th straight month, with a worse-than-expected score of -16.64 in Feb., 1 of the worst since '09. The New York Fed's survey reported declines in new orders, shipments and unfilled orders. Employment scores rose to -0.99 from Jan.'s -13 but still...
- N.Y. Manufacturing Report Is Showing Improvement. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/19/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33863, p2
The article reports that, according to a report by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, manufacturing industry is showing signs of improvement and mentions that general business conditions index increased to positive 10.04 in February 2013 from negative 7.78 in January.
- Empire State Mfg Survey Shows Activity Expanded. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/18/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33648, p2
The article focuses on report from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York regarding the Empire State Manufacturing Survey conducted by Thomson Reuters Corp. which shows the increase in the manufacturing activity in New York in January 2012.
- Fed: Region's job growth outpaces nation. // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/22/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 34, p7
The article highlights the report from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York regarding the employment growth in the region and the condition of housing market that looks like fragile during the second quarter of 2011.
- N.Y. Fed: Service Sector Activity Levels Off. Siegel, Gary // Bondbuyer.com;9/16/2014, p6
The article reports on data from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York showing that the service sector activity of the New York region has leveled off in August 2014 and mentions a decline in business activity index, a widening of the business climate index and an increase in the wages index.
- Those Jobless Numbers. // Atlantic;Dec2003, Vol. 292 Issue 5, p42
The article focuses on a study by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York which show 79 percent of U.S. employment is now in industries which do not plan to fill the positions they are cutting. This practice, called "structural" job losses, is more difficult for the labor market to recover from....
- N.Y. Fed: Service Sector Activity Slows. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;12/17/2014, Issue 34228, p1
The New York region's service sector activity "expanded modestly," according to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York's December Business Leaders Survey, released Tuesday.
- TOP STORIES OF PUERTO RICO. // Caribbean Business;8/18/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 32, p42
The article offers news briefs on topics related to businesses in Puerto Rico. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York has reported that economic activity in Puerto Rico has slightly declined in the second quarter of 2011. Former police superintendent JosÃ© Figueroa Sancha will join the private...