CONNECTICUT: Surplus May Trim Borrowing
- Nassau County, N.Y., Ended 2004 With $75 Million Surplus. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;3/16/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32091, p3
Reports on the operating surplus posted by Nassau County, New York. Management of its fiscal year 2004 without tapping into short-term borrowing to help manage cash flow; Proposal to add extra cash to its undesignated revenue at the end of fiscal 2004; Recommendation of the administration of...
- Comptroller: Nassau County Ended Fiscal '02 With Surplus. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/09/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31673, p4
Reports on the confirmation by the Comptroller Howard Weitzman regarding the fiscal surplus in the year 2002 in Nassau County, New York. Factors responsible for the boost in cash position of the county; Cash-flow borrowings of the county for the previous year; Significance of non-recurring...
- News In Brief: CBO Sees Small Budget Surpluses. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/24/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31310, p2
Reports on the probability of budget surpluses during 2002-03 as expected by the U.S. Congressional Budget Office's director Dan L. Grippen. Decline in projections about federal budget surpluses; Factors that led to the projected decline; Impact of U.S. President George W. Bush's proposal for...
- A Reversal In Fiscal Fortunes? // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Feb2010, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on an increase in Brazil's general government primary fiscal surplus in November 2009.
- Kent County has budget surplus. Crurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/10/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that Kent County, Michigan ended the year 2009 with an operating surplus for the first time since 2001, amounting to 800,000 U.S. dollars, on account of a sudden windfall of tax dollars and transfers from other funds to the general fund.
- News In Brief: Government Ran Surplus in Jan. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;2/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31330, p2
Reports on budget surplus posted by the U.S. in January 2002. Budget deficit in December 2001; Budget surplus in January 2001; Personal income tax receipts in January 2002.
- NUMBERS IN THE NEWS. // Regional Today;02/05/2013, p2
The article discusses the increase in the Czech Republic's state budget surplus in January 2013 as compared to the same month in 2012.
- Black & Red. // Time;7/9/1951, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p75
The article reports on the registration of a budgetary surplus that reached more than 3 billion U.S. dollars in the U.S. for the fiscal year 1950-1951, according to the U.S. Treasury.
- Budget surplus estimates drop. Fram, Alan // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/8/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p22
Reports on the expectations for federal budget surplus in the U.S.