Another BAB Extension Bill on Tap
- THE BOND BUYER: TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;9/26/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33588, p28
The article presents the top U.S. 10 electronic-mailed (e-mail) stories at www.bondbuyer.com as of September 23, 2011 including the municipal disclosure bill by Representative Mike Quigley, President Barack Obama's proposed cap on tax-exempt interest, and repossession of the Glendale complex.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;7/5/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33543, p4
A chart is presented that lists the "Bond Buyer's" legislative status report in the U.S.
- Levin's new role could add clout for Michigan. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;3/8/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p24
The article offers information on selection of U.S. Republican Sander Levin of Michigan, as acting chairman of the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee and its favorable impact on Michigan.
- Levin expects Senate to move first on expiring Bush tax cuts. Heflin, Jay; Hooper, Molly K.; Berman, Russell // Hill;9/16/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 100, p18
The article reports on the expectation of House Ways and Means Committee chairman Sander Levin for the Senate to act first on extending a portion of the tax cuts during the former President George W. Bush era.
- Congress doesn't extend Section 127. // HR Magazine;Dec1994, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p12
Reports on the adjournment of the 103rd Congress without extending Section 126, the tax exclusion for employee educational assistance. Request of Rep. Sander Levin (D-Mich.) for President Bill Clinton to include Section 27 in the 1996 budget proposal.
- Bill Would OK PABs for Residential Energy Fixes. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;7/27/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33356, p5
The article reports that U.S. House Ways and Means Committee chairman Sander Levin has introduced the draft bill that would allow state and local governments to issue tax-exempt private-activity bonds to support energy improvements to residential homes.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;11/30/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33224, p6
A table is presented that shows various legislations introduced in the 111th Congress in the U.S. and its status
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;11/2/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33209, p36
A chart is presented that lists the legislative status report of the "The Bond Buyer" newspaper in the U.S. including the Municipal Bond Fairness Act and the Municipal Financial Advisers Regulation Act.
- Muni Provisions in Regulatory Reform Legislation Pending in the House and Senate. // Bond Buyer;11/24/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33222, p6
A table is presented that shows the municipal bonds provisions that are pending in the House and Senate in the U.S.