Massachusetts Sales Tax Could Be Cut by More Than Half in November
- Annual Sales Tax Holiday to get bigger. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);7/15/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p4
The article announces that the annual August sales tax holiday will include school supplies in 2009 in Austin, Texas.
- Shopping will cost you more. Wollenberg, Yvonne Chilik // Medical Economics;4/9/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the escalation of sales tax at the cash register in the U.S. Consideration of the effects of federal tax cuts; Mechanism of keeping sales tax revenue; Levy of taxes by states.
- Ten Legislative Issues to Watch. Mahtesian, Charles // Governing;Mar2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p34
Presents the 10 legislative issues to watch out in the U.S. in 2000. Support for specific tax-cutting initiatives; Sales taxes on electronic-commerce; Reluctance of teachers' unions and school boards to live with charter schools and accountability measures.
- MN: Tax Cut Bill Signed by Governor. // GPP eNews;3/28/2014, p3
The article reports that Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton signed a tax cut bill that provides a list of credits and deductions and repeals three business-to-business sales taxes, as of March 2014.
- Council puts off talk of police, fire cuts. // Inside Tucson Business;11/15/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p2
The article reports that the Tucson City Council in Arizona's proposed sales tax increase as well as police and fire reduction was criticized by public speakers during their meeting on November 9, 2010.
- Apocalypse in Chinaâ€™s market? Well, maybe not. // Automotive News;12/7/2015, Vol. 89 Issue 6702, p0040
The article reports that the Chinese central government implemented a 50 percent purchase tax cut on small cards in October 1, 2015, enabling light-vehicle sales growth in China by 13 percent, as stated by the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers.
- Back On Red Alert. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Apr2008, Vol. 25 Issue 4, preceding p2
The article discusses the economic repercussions of an initiative proposed by Governor Anï¿½bal Acevedo Vilï¿½ to cut Puerto Rico's 7 percent sales tax by more than half. The country has suffered an economic slump, shrinking by an estimated 1.5 percent in fiscal year 2007. Additionally,...
- Assume your market and bingo! you bomb. Ritson, Mark // Marketing Week (Online Edition);3/26/2014, p24
The author reflects on two social media (SM) events in the week ended March 25, 2014 that showed the lack of market orientation among organization leaders in Great Britain. One is the tweet posted by Conservative party chairman Grant Shapps about the beer tax cuts in the federal budget for 2014...
- Tax cut era comes to an end. Stephenson, Howard // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/17/2008, Vol. 37 Issue 38, p18
The author comments on the decision of the Utah Legislature to slightly end up cutting some taxes in 2008. He says tax cuts from 2005 to 2007 reached $407 million, including local impacts of sales tax exemptions. He cites that the state increased taxes by about $60 million in the 2002 to 2004...