NEW JERSEY: Christie Targets Salaries
- N.J. Gov. orders superintendent salary caps. // American School Board Journal;Jan2011, Vol. 198 Issue 1, p10
The article reports that New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has ordered the limitation of all superintendent contract extensions and renewals in November 2010.
- Iranian refugee tapped by Christie to head Camden schools. TOWNES, GLENN // New York Amsterdam News;9/5/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 36, p4
The article announces the appointment of Paymon Rouhanifard as superintendent of the Camden school district by New Jersey Governor Chris Christie in August 2013.
- Appeals court upholds New Jersey's cap on superintendents' pay. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;10/29/2012, p5
The article offers educational news briefs, namely, the ruling by a New Jersey appeals court panel that state Education Commissioner Christopher Cerf is authorized to impose salary caps on public school superintendents in the state, and the claim by the state School Boards Association that...
- N.J. Salary Caps Cause Superintendents to Flee. Hartnett, Judy Faust // District Administration;Sep2012, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p18
An interview with Roy Montesano is presented. He left his job as school superintendent in Ramsey, New Jersey and accepted an offer in the Hastings-on-Hudson district in New York after the governor of New Jersey instituted salary caps on school superintendents in February 2011. He points out that...
- N.Y. Governor Aims to Cap Superintendents' Pay. A. P. // Education Week;3/9/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p4
The article discusses a plan proposed by New York Governor Andrew Cuomo which would base the salary of school district superintendents in the state on student enrollment in an effort to reduce the state's budget and save taxpayer money.
- News Bits. // NSTA Reports!;Sep2010, Vol. 22 Issue 1, pG6
The article offers news briefs related to education in the U.S. Professor Jim Swartz of Stanford University and graduate students Cem Albayrak have taught biotechnology students on how to conduct experiment on green fluorescent protein (GFP). New Jersey Governor Chris Christie supports a...
- Democrats, Christie battle in 'political circus' of a hearing. Blake, Aaron // Hill;6/26/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 76, p3
The article reports on the eruption of argument between New Jersey gubernatorial frontrunner Chris Christie and Democrats during a Senate hearing in the U.S.
- NEW JERSEY: Poll Shows Split on Budget. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;3/7/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33477, p9
The article reports on the findings of a public opinion poll which revealed that New Jersey residents have different stance over Governor Chris Christie's 29.4 billion U.S. dollar budget proposal.
- Christie orders end to state officials hiring lobbyists. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;3/1/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p2
The article reports that U.S. governor Chris Christie has clamped down on state authorities, as well as boards and commissions who hire lobbyists, and has put a cap on severance packages and travel allowances given to employees and board members.