Munis Unchanged in 'Typically Quiet' Session
- Janney: Buyers Should Limit Exposure to Puerto Rico. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;7/30/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33755, p4
The article presents information on the views of Alan Schankel, managing director at the company Janney Capital Markets on the exposure to the municipal bonds of Puerto Rico.
- Market Close: Puerto Rico Ruling Pushes Up PREPA. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;2/09/2015, p36
The article presents updates on financial markets as of February 9, 2015. Topics discussed include comments from Alan Schankel, Janney Capital Markets managing director on what could change the trend of positive fund flows, the declining prices of top-rated municipal bonds, and the lower trading...
- Market Post: Munis Hold Levels on Modest Trading Flow. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;1/16/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34045, p1
The article offers information on the moderate trading opening in the municipal bond market of the U.S. It states that potential long-term volume is expected to pick up to an estimated 4.88 billion dollars in 2014. Also also that Alan Schankel, managing director at Janney Capital Markets has...
- Visible Supply by State. // Bondbuyer.com;12/2/2015, p1
The article offers information on the Visible Supply by State in the U.S. as of December 2015 including Illinois, Indiana and Iowa.
- Market Close: Oversubscribed Puerto Rico Bonds Buy Island Time to Build. Renick, Oliver; Slavin, Robert; Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;3/13/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34075, p1
The article focuses on 3.5 billion U.S. dollars Puerto Rico general obligation deal as of March 2014. Topics discussed include the impact of hedge funds and institutional buyers on the high-yield bonds, the views of David Chafey, chairman of the Government Development Bank of Puerto Rico, and...
- Munis Unchanged With 'Nothing Going On'. SCARCHILLI, MICHAEL; HERMAN, JACK // Bond Buyer;9/2/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32952, p2
The article reports on the trading in the U.S. municipal market for the first week of September 2008. It states that little transactions were made during the week, as most of the investors departed for the weekend. It reports on the losses showed by the Treasury market and informs that personal...
- Munis End Steady After a Quiet Week. // Bond Buyer;4/30/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33705, p2
The article reports on the steady status of municipal bonds in the U.S. on April 27, 2012.
- N.C.'s $488M Leads Slight Slate; Volume Dives as 1Q Winds Down. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;3/29/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33288, p7
The article offers news briefs related to government securities in the U.S. including the sale of 487.7 million dollars worth of general obligation (GO) public improvement financing from North Caroline in the competitive market, the 297.9 million dollars worth of two-pronged lease revenue sale...
- Muni bond slide spurs Wall Street shakeout. Willis, Gerri // Crain's New York Business;3/13/95, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the effect of the slide of municipal bonds of New York City on Wall Street. Exit of several major players from the business; Possibility of job loss in the locality; Need for a realignment of the municipal bond business.