Iowa's Xenia Still In Over Its Head
- AGRICULTURE. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/27/2011, p6
No abstract available.
- Genetic algorithms help pipe planners. Frey, Jeffery // WaterWorld;Oct95, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the use of the genetic algorithm (GA) optimization technique in planning, designing and operation of water distribution and pipe irrigation projects in the United States. Features of the GA optimization; Process of using the technique; Review study done for Fort Collins-Loveland Water...
- Chicago District Cites Another BAB Audit. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;10/26/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33405, p1
The article reports that the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District (MWRD) of Greater Chicago has revealed that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is examining Build America Bonds worth 600 million dollars that it has issued in August 2009 in Illinois.
- Water districts receive project funding. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/11/2012, p6
The article reports on the project funding of 5.3 million dollars awarded to five Central Valley water districts in California including Tulare Irrigation District, Firebaugh Canal Water District, and Henry Miller Reclamation District, to improve the delivery, storage, and management of water.
- Harris County to receive funds for water/wastewater system upgrades. // Underground Construction;Jul2010, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the approval of five million-dollar loan from the Texas Water Development Fund by the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) to be used in improving the water and wastewater system in Harris County Water Control and Improvement District Number 21.
- Small systems face complex grant, loan laws. // WaterWorld;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p11
Highlights the General Accounting Office (GAO) report `Rural Development: Patchwork of Federal Programs Needs to be Reappraised.' Finding that many rural water and sewer districts face complex federal grants or loans; National Rural Development Partnership's response to the GAO inquiry.
- Championing stewardship. LACEY, MARCIA // Journal: American Water Works Association;Feb2012, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including water rate structures, water policy and water budget rates.
- Fishkill gets $50,000 grant for major study of water, sewer districts. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/7/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p10
The article reports on the 50,000 dollars in state funds awarded to the town of Fishkill, New York to study consolidation of several water and sewer districts if it can boost the services while saving taxpayer money.
- Atlanta Bond Boom. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/4/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31834, p1
Reports that the city government of Atlanta, Georgia plans to issue $2 billion in municipal bonds. Uses of the proceeds; Water and sewer bonds; Revenue bonds for Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.