Opportunities in Retirement Plans for Small-Business Owners
- Legacy planning with IRAs. Harriman, Philip E. // Senior Market Advisor;Apr2013, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p44
The article provides suggestions on how financial advisors can help their clients use individual retirement account (IRA) for legacy planning in the U.S. Advisors are expected to let their clients understand the different financial tools they could employ with the money from their IRA. They...
- The SIMPLE IRA: Is this new retirement plan option right... Pedace Jr., Frank // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;03/09/98, Vol. 203 Issue 10, p20
Focuses on the Savings Incentive Match Plan (SIMPLE) individual retirement account (IRA), a retirement plan option provided for the employers and employees of small businesses in the United States. Discrepancy in pension coverage of employees in small enterprises compared with those in bigger...
- we answered. Stich, Julie // Benefits Magazine;Jul2012, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p11
The article looks at the options for small employers who are interested in providing retirement plan for their employees. Several types of retirement plans are suggested, including simplified employee pension (SEP) plan, savings incentive match plans for employees (SIMPLE) individual retirement...
- Should you convert to a Roth now? // Small Business Tax Strategies;Sep2011, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p1
The article provides information on the advantage of converting a traditional Individual Retirement Account (IRA) to a Roth in the U.S. in 2011. It mentions that the extra taxable income activated by a Roth conversion is added from other sources to ordinary income, such as short-term capital...
- Want To Convert To a Roth IRA? Hoyt, Christopher // Trusts & Estates;Sep2009, Vol. 148 Issue 9, p26
The article offers information on the conversion of a traditional to a Roth individual retirement account (IRA). It states that the ideal candidate for a Roth IRA conversion is someone who will always be in the highest income tax bracket or somebody who is currently in a low income tax bracket...
- TAXES ON ROTH IRAs. Scott, Matthew S. // Black Enterprise;Feb2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p42
Addresses a query about opening a Roth individual retirement account.
- VERITY'S VIEW. Verity, Andrew // Money Marketing;10/16/2003, p40
Delves into the issue of the pension program in Great Britain. Debate that pensioners must share in the growing prosperity of the region; Question on the reliability of a means test for income support; Recommendation of Steve Bee from Royal London regarding pension.
- Investment Commentary. Marosi, James // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/2/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p38
Focuses on the factors to consider in planning for retirement. Advantages and disadvantages of postponing a retirement; Suggestions for retirement planning; Ways to withdraw money from a retirement account.
- 7 Reasons Your Advisor Was Surprised by 2008. Scarfo, Gunny; Abernathy, Steven // Review of Ophthalmology;Oct2009, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p41
The article presents various mistakes that usually took place in managing retirement plans in the U.S. One mistake is the thought that one can predict the timing of the market downturn, in which historical patterns to plan the asset allocation is being used. Another mistake is the thought that...