Ian Bremmer on Politics, Emerging Markets, and the Future of Capitalism
- The Fat Tail: The Power of Political Knowledge for Strategic Investing. // Financial Executive;May2009, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p13
The article presents a review of the book "The Fat Tail: The Power of Political Knowledge for Strategic Investing" by Ian Bremmer and Preston Keat.
- Reading Tarot on K Street. Tetlock, Philip // National Interest;Sep/Oct2009, Issue 103, p57
The article presents reviews of the books "The Fat Tail: The Power of Political Knowledge for Strategic Investing," by Ian Bremmer and Preston Keat, "The Predictioneer's Game: Using the Logic of Brazen Self-Interest to See and Shape the Future," by Bruce Bueno de Mesquita and "The Next 100...
- The New Rules: The Race for Global Leadership in the Age of Anger. Barnett, Thomas P. M. // WPR Subset;8/22/2011, p1
The article focuses on the race for global leadership among nations despite populist anger building up across current world system. Eurasia Group head Ian Bremmer stated that people are living in a "G-Zero" world or one in which there is no genuine great-power leadership. It is noted that some...
- Interview: IAN BREMMER PRESIDENT OF EURASIA GROUP. GRAY, MONICA // Diplomatic Courier;Nov2013, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p34
An interview with Ian Bremmer, president of Eurasia Group Ltd., is presented. When asked about what is G-Zero World in his book, he says that a G-Zero World is where they have an absence of global leadership. He states that Brazil and Turkey are pivot states and there are some states have...
- A World of Risk. Wade, Jared // Risk Management (00355593);Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p16
An interview with Ian Bremmer, president of global political risk research and consulting company Eurasia Group, is presented. Asked about the global scenario for the next year, Bremmer says leadership at the global level will not exist. He explains that worldwide there is a perceived lack of...
- In a G-Zero World, U.S. Should Go Minilateral. Gvosdev, Nikolas // WPR Subset;6/15/2012, p1
The article discusses the lack of single state that possess the necessary preponderance of resources to be able to construct a new global system just like what the U.S. did after the World War II. Eurasia Group president Ian Bremmer is cited for his statement about the period of creative...
- A Risky Call. Andrus, Danielle // Investment Advisor;Jul2013, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p9
A blog from Ian Bremmer, president of Eurasia Group of political risk consultants, regarding political risk is discussed.
- PFS will stick to its knitting on RDR. McMillan, Paul // Money Marketing;8/2/2007, p3
The article reports that the Personal Finance Society (PFS) has pledged to avoid the controversial retail distribution review (RDR) debates in Great Britain. Chief executive officer (CEO) Tim Eadon has engaged its members on the issue of improving professionalism, but has decided to stay out of...
- Indian Group Pushes AIMR To Limit. Sakelaris, Linda // Pensions & Investments;12/14/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p8
Reports that the Association for Investment Management and Research has won a trademark lawsuit against the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India. Case background; Chartered Financial's use of the association's trademarked Chartered Financial Analyst designation.