- Let's call 1996 the year of the consumer. // Modern Healthcare;12/23/96, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p48
Presents information on developments pertaining to consumers in the healthcare industry in the United States during 1996. Information on patient protection legislation; Merger announced by the Illinois and Texas Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans; Sutter Memorial hospital accused of defrauding...
- Congressional panel analyzes health care reform. // Consumer Comments;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p2
Reports on Congressmen's analysis of health care reforms during the 1993 National Consumer Coalition Conference in Washington, D.C. Concepts of health care reform that both Republicans and Democrats agree need to be achieved; Discussion of the Affordable Health Care Act of 1993 by Congressman...
- Providers of health care speak on impact of reforms. // Consumer Comments;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p6
Presents opinions of physicians on impact of health care reforms during the 1993 National Consumer Coalition conference in Washington, D.C. Panel discussion on `The Providers: Delivering Services'; Recipe of successful health care reform by David Smith from Lynchburg, Virginia; Choice of health...
- obamacare suggests gov't knows best. // Toledo Business Journal;Nov2011, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p25
The article focuses on Obamacare issue, in which one of its provisions indicates authors' concern with a government takeover of healthcare and less worried about the consumer.
- FAST STATS. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Nov2007, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p6
The article presents statistics related to healthcare in the U.S. including the percentage of how much lower mortality rates are at the top-rated hospitals in the country, the number of potentially preventable deaths were associated with just four diagnoses namely sepsis, heart failure,...
- Gofigure. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Jan2012, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p12
The article presents statistics on the number of U.S. citizens over age 90, median nursing facility occupancy rate in the U.S. and national average number of direct-care staff hours per patient day in U.S. nursing facilities.
- GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS REPORT. // Training & Development Journal;Aug74, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p51
Presents news briefs related to occupational training and development in the U.S. as of August 1974. Health care conference; Guidelines for employing disadvantaged; Changes needed in the Government Employees Training Act.
- Tapping workers' comp bolsters the bottom line. Goodrum, Phillip // Managed Healthcare;Aug99, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p40
Focuses on the strategic opportunities in developing exclusive provider (EPO) organizations in the area of occupational medicine in the United States. Key elements of success; Definition of EPO; Health care focus of the EPO model; Channeling of injured workers into an EPO.
- AHRQ clarifies grant application rules. // IRB Advisor;Jul2010, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p83
The article discusses the notice issued by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) concerning their expectations with the completion of grants given by the American Reinvestment Recovery Act (ARRA) including the creation of U.S. jobs and the acceleration of the pace of research on...