N.J. Report Seeks Growth in Gambling, Entertainment
- Urgency in overdrive as online gaming bill goes on hold. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;1/9/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p1
The article discusses the urgency of online gaming advocates to have New Jersey emerge as a leader for the newly legitimized online gaming industry. Lobbyists are said to be working on legislation that intends the legalization of online gaming within six months from January 2012. Senator Raymond...
- Lobbyist: Sports gaming still in Christie crosshairs. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;5/14/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p12
The article offers news briefs in New Jersey. Senator Raymond J. Lesniak expresses concern on Governor Chris Christie's position on online and sports gaming in the state. The Health Care Association of New Jersey steps up efforts of pushing the increase of Medicaid reimbursement. The apartment...
- A growing distinction. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;1/23/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the commitment of New Jersey Senator Raymond J. Lesniak on growing business in the state as chairman of the Senate Economic Growth Committee. Lesniak has focused spearheaded various business opportunities, including Internet gaming and the Grow New Jersey Assistance...
- New Jersey: Christie vetoes pig crate bill. COLVIN, JILL // Farm & Dairy;12/4/2014, Vol. 101 Issue 11, pA20
In this article, the author offers information on a bill proposed by Republican governor Chris Christie for ban on use of pig cages in New Jersey along with the statement of Raymond Lesniak, the state senator.
- Lesniak: Business groups in lockstep with Christie. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;9/24/2012, p12
The article reports on Senator Raymond J. Lesniak's frustration with New Jersey's business groups, claiming that they are too supportive of Governor Chris Christie and citing the New Jersey Chamber of Commerce's fall agenda which provided support for the income tax cut proposal of Christie.
- State Street. Kaltwasser, Jared // njbiz;1/21/2013, p8
The article presents news briefs relating to political issues in New Jersey. Senator Bob Smith has announced his plan to propose three bills for the state's open space fund. The Internet gaming industry is trying to convince Governor Chris Christie to sign the Internet gaming bill which was...
- Analysts say Sports Betting Unlikely to Help Atlantic City. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;9/10/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34175, p28
The article reports that Fitch Ratings gaming director Alex Bumazhny stated that the proposed sports gambling plan of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie would not enable economic recovery of Atlantic City, New Jersey. Topics discussed include the proposal to enable sports betting at casinos and...
- There's no time to hit pause on Internet wagering. // njbiz;5/14/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p15
The author reflects on various speculations regarding the factors that caused Governor Chris Christie's cold support of the proposed online gaming in New Jersey.
- Finding solutions to grow business despite recession. // njbiz;8/23/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p13
The article discusses the efforts of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie and the Legislature to develop policies that will improve business operations to attain economic recovery.