JeffCo Clears the Board
- Bobbi Humphrey jazz flutist turned CEO. Cain, Joy Duckett // Essence (Essence);Dec94, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p52
Profiles jazz flutist Bobbi Humphrey, the chief executive officer of her own new record label Paradise Sounds. Legal case against protege Tevin Campbell; Source of money to start a label.
- Harlem flutist takes music to Ghana. Tarr, Marvel // New York Amsterdam News;8/10/96, Vol. 87 Issue 32, p28
Reports on the trip of Afro-American jazz musician Bobbi Humphrey to Ghana in July 1996. Meeting with Ghanaian President Jerry John Rawlings; Visit of the Cape Coast and Elimina slave castle; Concert at His Majesty's Club.
- Bobbi Humphrey: Still going strong. Barker, Cyril Josh // New York Amsterdam News;7/23/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 25, p5
The article presents information related to musician Bobbi Humphrey and her career.
- Bobby Humphrey celebrates the role of music at CEMOTAP. // New York Amsterdam News;2/20/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p6
Bobbi Humphrey is known the world over as the musician of the magical flute. Able to infuse a haunting electric energy into her performances, Humphrey speaks a special language through her instrument. She is also a sought-after lecturer who has firsthand knowledge about the rewards and pitfalls...
- Look out for newcomer Sharissa. Rogers, Charles E. // New York Amsterdam News;11/22/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 47, p23
Provides updates on musicians in the United States. Comments on the vocals of singer Sharissa from Motown Records; Distribution of the artist's album; Reissuance of the classic Paradise Sounds compact disc 'Passion Flute,' by Bobbi Humphrey.
- Humphrey and Weston burn it up. Scott, Ron // New York Amsterdam News;7/13/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 29, p20
The article reports on flutist Bobbi Humphrey and pianist Randy Weston. Humphrey is working on her new album, "Champagne Flute," which she will produce and record on her label Paradise Sounds Records. According to Humphrey, she wanted to do this one as a tribute to her mother who passed away two...
- MY CHOICE (Poem). Humphrey, Bobbi // Essence (Time Inc.);
Presents the poem "My Choice," by Bobbi Humphrey.
- Harlemwood Film Fest now in its eighth year. Rogers, Charles E. // New York Amsterdam News;6/18/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 25, p19
The article offers updates on the african-american entertainment industry in New York City. Information on the eight annual Harlemwood Film Festival is presented which will be launched on June 25, 2009 at the Museum of the City of New York. Bobbi Humphrey, a jazz flutist, will perform at the...
- Cosmopolitan Review. Delaney, Yvonne; Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;2/28/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 9, p19
Presents activities for the Afro-American communities in New York City. Appearance of flutist Bobbi Humphrey at a musical show; Celebration of Pen and Brush Inc. for a Black History Month artistic extravaganza; Philanthropic performance shown at the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture.