Eddie Tech Plans 1st National Pooled, Direct-Pay QSCB, QZAB Sale
- BSF boosted by new design director role. Hurst, Will // Building Design;5/30/2008, Issue 1821, p3
This article reports on the British Partnership for Schools's (PFS) decision to seek an architect for the position of director of design within its Schools for the Future programme. PFS will also manage the British initiative Building Schools for the Future (BSF) so that the two organisations...
- Academies 'dumbed down' Bennett, Ellen // Building Design;4/7/2006, Issue 1716, p1
The article reports that the city academies program of the government will be scaled back to produce schools that are just like any other, Great Britain. The academies will be sponsored by individuals or organizations, but they will be secured by Partnerships for Schools. Six contractors are...
- Colleges put expansion plans on fall ballots. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;8/12/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p9
Focuses on the public referendum for school construction in Chicago, Illinois. Expansion programs for an increasing school enrollments; Cost of the construction projects; Need for expansion of laboratory and computer space.
- Cleveland Schools Happy With Competitive QSCB Sale. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/5/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33394, p3
The article reports that the Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD) of Ohio had decided to take competitive bids on its 55 million dollar of qualified school construction bids.
- Local Firms Land School Construction Contracts. Jackson, Mandy // San Diego Business Journal;12/16/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p33
Reports on the construction contracts awarded by San Diego Unified School District to local firms in California. Funds allocated for the construction and redevelopment of schools; Role of T.B. Penick & Sons Inc. in the construction of Montgomery Middle School; Schedule of the opening of...
- N.J. Court Kills Debt Challenge, Delays Ruling on Previous Deals. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2002, Vol. 241 Issue 31455, p5
Reports the constitutional challenge of New Jersey Supreme Court to the planned issuance of the state on the non-voter approved contract debt for school construction. Constitutionality of contract debt; Literal interpretation on the debt limitation clause; Arguments on the use of contract debt...
- Calif. to decide next week on fate of $3 billion in construction bonds. Lindsay, Drew // Education Week;3/20/96, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p17
Reports on expectations of election results for school construction contracts in California in 1996. Percentage of voters supporting the issuance of construction bonds; Television campaigns touting the benefits of construction bonds; Comments.
- SDA targets training to small companies. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p2
The article focuses on a training program introduced by the New Jersey Schools Development Authority (SDA) for small and minority- and woman-owned businesses that plan to pursue school construction contracts.
- Across the nation: Update. // Education Week;11/30/94, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the rejection of a school-construction bond by residents in Fresno, California. Reactions of the residents.