MBA: Interest Rate Drop Spurs Loan Refinancings
- Applications Rise; Refis at Record Level. // American Banker;10/11/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 195, p9
Reports increased mortgage applications, as reported by the Mortgage Bankers Association in the United States. Impact of lower interest rates; Rise of the composite index; Improvement of the refinance index.
- How the Jumbo Comeback Is Shaping Up. Sinnock, Bonnie; Muolo, Paul // National Mortgage News;5/17/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p11
The article reports on the move of Mortgage Bankers Association of America to discuss the strategies to manage renewed interest of Jumbo Market Inc. during secondary market conference in the U.S.
- Applications Drop After Record High . // American Banker;10/25/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 205, p10
Reports the decline of mortgage applications according to the Mortgage Bankers Association in Washington. Decrease of the market composite index; Percentage rate of decrease for refinancing; Condition of interest levels on fixed-rate loans.
- Mortgage Application Volume Rose for Week Ending Dec. 4: MBA. Peters, Andy // Nationalmortgagenews.com;12/9/2015, p1
Mortgage applications rose 1.2% on a seasonally adjusted basis for the week ending Dec. 4, compared to the previous week, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association.
- Mortgage Application Activity Up in Spite of Rate Increase: MBA. Finkelstein, Brad // Nationalmortgagenews.com;1/25/2017, p1
Mortgage application volume increased 4% from one week earlier even as interest rates rose during the period, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association.
- Rate Reduction Spurs Surge in MBA Refinancing Index. // American Banker;12/19/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 242, p11
Presents information regarding U.S. homeowners rush to refinance mortgages last week. Speculates that the rush was due to winter storm and lower interest rates; Offers statistics on percentage of applications utilized for refinancing and purchasing; States that the Mortgage Bankers Association...
- Economist Sees Slow Recovery Keeping Rates Low. // National Mortgage News;10/28/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p3
Reports that Doug Duncan, chief practitioner of the Mortgage Bankers Association iss having a hard time divining the direction of the nation's economy and interest rates in Chicago, Illinois. Strength and capacity of the American economy; Assessment of Duncan on the mortgage industry; Decline...
- Mortgage Application Volume Down 4.3% in Week. // Bond Buyer;8/30/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33774, p1
The article presents information on the reduction in the volume of mortgage application in the U.S. The country witnessed a drop in the refinance index that resulted in the decrease of mortgage application. Information on the rate of interest in the average contracts in the U.S. surveyed by...
- MBA forecast shows refis drying up by 2012. // Mortgage Banking;Jun2011, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p9
The article reports on the revised forecast regarding residential refinance volume in the U.S. for 2012, released by the Mortgage Bankers Association of America (MBA). According to the forecast the share of refinance volume goes from 70 percent in 2010 to 48 percent in 2011, and is expected to...