Bernanke: Rates to Stay Low for Extended Period
- Bernanke: Don't rush hikes. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/6/2015, pA02
The article presents the views of the former Federal Reserve chief, Ben Bernanke on the decision of central bank policymakers for not raising interest rates.
- Bernanke: Recovery Must Be Solid Before Rate Hikes. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33817, p2
The article informs that the U.S. Federal Reserve Board chairman Ben Bernanke emphasizes the need for economic recovery before the interest rates get increased in the nation.
- Fed's Bernake holds first-ever news conference. Robertson, Rob; Censky, Annalyn // Fort Worth Business Press;5/2/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p10
The article reports on the dismissal of the first-ever news conference of U.S. Federal Reserve (Fed) Chairman Ben Bernanke. The conference was part of the Fed's initiative to better communicate its objectives to the public. The Fed rechecked its commitment to current policies on April 27, 2011...
- MARKET COMMENTARY. // Dow Theory Forecasts;6/23/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 25, p3
The author reflects on the fundamental inflation and consumers' long-term inflation expectations which do not appear to have become unmoored in the U.S. He averred that Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke and Fed officials have been adamant that they will nor permit the Fed's...
- HOW GOOD IS BERNANKE? HERE'S HOPING WE NEVER FIND OUT. Crook, Clive // National Journal;11/5/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 45, p3426
Assesses the qualifications of U.S. Federal Reserve Board nominee Ben Bernanke. Career and academic background of Bernanke; Similarities and differences between Bernanke and Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan; Position of Bernanke on capital flow and interest rates.
- Bernanke: Won't Wait For Inflation, Job Rebound. // Bond Buyer;6/9/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33330, p2
The article reports that Federal Reserve Board chairman Ben Bernanke warned that central bank will not wait for a decline of jobrate before it increases interest rates in Washington.
- Fed: Lenders Must Sacrifice Some Principal. Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;3/10/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p3
The article outlines the efforts made by Ben Bernanke, Federal Reserve Board chairman, on restructuring of subprime mortgages in the U.S. He breaks away from Bush administration to keep the restructuring efforts focused on interest rate freezes and reductions. According to Bernanke, the industry...
- Rate Spike would Hit Asset Quality, Not Net interest Margins. Jones, Sean // U.S. Banker;Apr2010, Vol. 120 Issue 4, p38
The article offers information on the report prepared on the interest rate of loans provided by the U.S. banks. According to chairman of Federal Reserve Board Ben Bemanke, the board has reassured the U.S. Congress it is intending to keep the rate interest low. It mentions that if the interest...
- Apple's crazy day. // In Search of the Perfect Investment;02/16/2012, p1
The article reports on various issues related to U.S. politics and business. U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said that the low interest rates of central bank hurts the profitability of community bankers, however, he maintained that the policy is necessary to drive the economic...