Drilling Ban Could Hurt More Than Spill
- Salvaged structures offer advantage in turnkey work. Henderson, Jay // Offshore;Nov98, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p107
Discusses the turnkey contracting of Offshore Specialty Fabricators (OFSI) on the United States Gulf of Mexico. Factors that helped the success of the turnkey contracting for OFSI; Details on the platform inventory; Active derrick barges.
- Seabed drilling fluid diverter nearing construction stage. Furlow, William // Offshore;Nov98, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p135
Presents an update on the shallow water flow (SWF) diverter joint industry project (JIP) under ABB/Vetco Gray. Founding companies of the SWF; Key component of the SWF diverter; Background on the construction; Moving to control.
- Global oil and gas drilling hits 30-year high. // Energy Today (Hungary);3/5/2014, p2
The article reports on data from oilfield services company Baker Hughes which show that drilling for oil and gas deposits outside North America reached its highest level in 2014, a record in more than three decades, with more than 1,300 drilling rigs operating on average over the last six months.
- CNPC reported oil and gas shows at well in disputed waters in South China Sea. // World Energy News;7/16/2014, p6
The article reports on the completion of the drilling of an oil rig in the disputed Paracel Islands in the South China Sea following signs of oil and gas according to China National Petroleum Corp. (CNPC).
- SCORE falls for third month in a row. DeLuca, Marshall // Offshore;Oct98, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p38
Presents a chart related to oil well drilling rigs as of July 1998.
- Liftboats go international with ten-fold jump in business. Dempsey, Paul K.; Templeton, Larilla // Offshore;Feb2002, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p68
Reports on the increase in business of liftboats in the oil well drilling industry. List of international customers; Example of deepwater liftboats; Industry initiatives that explained the virtues of liftboats.
- Ultra-deepwater E&P challenges ahead. // Offshore;Dec2001, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p32
Presents a list of deep offshore oil exploration equipment. Information on multi-component seismic tools; Earth modeling tools; Equipment for drilling riser; Drillships.
- Requiem for the rotary table. Koch, George // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/28/93, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p25
Describes Robert Tessari's top-drive, an adaptation of a device used on offshore rigs that the Calgary engineer hopes will revolutionize on-shore drilling. Operation of a conventional rig; Top-drive unit is highly automated; Advantages derive from some inherent shortcomings of conventional...
- Mutterings about Moose Mountain. Koch, George // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;11/15/93, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p24
Examines the possibility that efforts by Huskey Oil Operations Ltd. and Rigel Energy Corp. to follow up on promising test results on their discovery well on Moose Mountain (Kananaskis Country) will be stalled by local green groups. High exploration costs and erratic results; Decision of Shell...