Calpine Plans $750M Drive-By
- Calpine sets five-year record for junk. // Power Economics;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the increase of junk bond issue of Calpine Corp. in California. Sales of bonds to refinance bank debt; Assessment of electricity margins; Decline on junk ratings.
- Calpine Plans $1B HY Drive-By. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/25/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p1
This article reports on the plan of U.S. energy supplier Calpine to issue one billion U.S. dollars in junk bonds in 2010.
- Calpine Prices Upsized $2B HY Deal. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/25/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p33
This article reports on the move of Calpine to increase the size of its junk bonds in 2010.
- Enron Plagues Calpine. // High Yield Report;12/17/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 48, p4
Cites a story in 'The New York Times' newspaper comparing Calpine to Enron that reportedly caused massive sell-offs, reaching 130 million high yield bonds on December 13, 2001 and 100 million every day.
- Allegheny Could Bode Well For Energy Sector. Hintzel, John; O'Leary, Christopher // High Yield Report;2/23/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p2
Points out that beside fears that questionable issuers are entering the high yield securities market, many are concerned that concentrations of troubled product are growing, both by rating type and industry. Possible trouble spot in the energy sector; Concern that many energy companies such as...
- Five Cos. to Issue $2.53B in HY Bonds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/19/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p18
The article reports on the addition of 2.53 billion U.S. dollars in potential high yield bond deals by five companies to the primary market. There has been a plan by power supplier Calpine to sell 750 million U.S. dollars in senior secured notes due 2017. A 400 million U.S. dollar offering of...
- Calpine Sells $490M in HY. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;11/4/2013, p15
The article reports on the sale of 940 million U.S. dollars in high-yield bonds due 2023 by power provider Calpine in 2013.
- Calpine Hits Market with $1.2B HY Drive-By. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/17/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p12
This article reports on the plan of energy supplier Calpine to issue junk bonds to repay term loan debt in 2011.
- CalGen Loan And Bond Still Sputter. JM // High Yield Report;2/23/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p2
Reports that investor commitment levels for Calpine Generating Co.'s (CalGen) $1.3 billion term loan were still sluggish the week before February 23, 2004. Deutsche Bank anticipating a pickup in subscription once Standard & Poor's released its report on the credit; Host of other concerns...