MassDOT Offers Underwriter REQ for Turnpike Debt
- America's highways go native. // American Nurseryman;3/1/94, Vol. 179 Issue 5, p17
Reports that Massachusetts' Landscape Management Program is turning the Massachusetts Turnpike into a more aesthetically pleasing and memorable stretch of road by emphasizing the natural and cultural landscapes of New England. Altered mowing practices; Pruning rather than removal of tall reeds...
- Judge takes referendum on ending MassPike tolls off November ballot. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;06/25/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30422, p39
Reports on the unconstitutional ballot initiative which will remove tolls on Massachusetts Turnpike according to a ruling by the Massachusetts Judicial Supreme Court. Failure of Attorney General Scott Harshbarger and drafters of Free the Pike's petition to consider that interest payments due to...
- Let's Not Call It a Toll. Jallos-Prufer, Noah // Teen Ink;Nov2012, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p7
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of driving on toll tax road with shortage of money in Massachusetts Turnpike in Massachusetts.
- Massachusetts State Senator Pushes Gas Tax Over Tolls for Big Dig Debt. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;2/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31326, p5
Reports on the increase in the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority's toll. Legislation for hiking the gas tax rather than toll; Payment of debt service on bonds issued for the Ted William Tunnel Project; Effect of increase in tolls on the people using turnpike; Support of the state Senator David...
- Massachusetts Turnpike Bonds Hit With Negative Outlook by Moody's. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;11/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31267, p5
Reports that the rating agency Moody's Investors Service lowered the outlook on Massachusetts Turnpike Authority's metropolitan highway system revenue bonds to negative on November 15, 2001. Reason behind the change in outlook of the agency on the bonds; Role of attitude of the authority's...
- MassPike's Suspect Swaps. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31542, p1
Reports that the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority, Massachusetts, has turned to the sale of options in the municipal derivatives market for short term relief thus allowing investment banks to do interest rate swaps on the authority's debt. Details of two such deals carried out by the authority;...
- MASSACHUSETTS: Negligent, Not Fradulent. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;7/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31671, p37
Reports that James Kerasiotes, former chairman of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority did not intend to deceive holders of bonds issued to finance the Big Dig.
- Fast lane, slow progress. Simons, David // BusinessWest;Aug99, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on criticisms against the rehabilitation project for the Massachusetts Turnpike toll road. Cost of the project; Doubts of motorists on the establishment of fast lanes; Optimism of government officials on the near-term potential of the project.
- Smell seeps into toll booths. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/5/96, Vol. 236 Issue 5, p22
Reports on the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority's (MTA) probe of the source of fumes in the Ted Williams Tunnel that caused sickness among toll takers. Absence of aerial toxins; Issuance of masks on January 12, 1996; Use of broad-range analyzer to detect air toxins; Suspicions on runoff from...