Housing Starts Fall 5.0%; Permits Increase 2.1%
- Weak Multi-Unit Housing Market Sees Uptick in Starts, Permits. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/27/2010, Vol. 265 Issue 9, p5
This article reports on the increase in starts and building permit activity in the U.S. multi-unit housing sector in August 2010.
- Sept. new home permits down, sale prices up. Davis, Hilary // Inside Tucson Business;10/25/2013, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p1
The article presents information on the prospects of the residential housing market in Tuscon, Arizona. The market showed mixed performance but the overall performance was positive in September 2013 with low new building permits as well as dip in new home closings. Ginger Kneup of Bright Future...
- Fort Collins, Greeley Improving markets'. // Northern Colorado Business Report;9/21/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p13
The article reports on the improvements of the housing market in Fort Collins and Greeley based on the growth of number of permits issued which appeared the National Association of Home Builders' Improving Markets Index through August 2012 in Northern Colorado.
- Fort Worth, Arlington seen as solid on home prices. Howe, Aleshia // Fort Worth Business Press;9/14/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p4
The article discusses the forth place ranking of the Fort Worth-Arlington housing market in Local Market Monitor's 3rd quarter Home Price Forecast. Factors in considering the top 10 markets are discussed, such as job loss rates, figures on building permits, and home prices. The list of the top...
- New-home starts rise in value. McLean, Mike // Journal of Business (10756124);7/5/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 15, pA11
The article reports on the rise of the average permit values for new homes under construction in the city of Spokane, Washington through May 2012, which is noted to indicate a rebound of the upscale residential market. It notes that the average construction value for single-family home permits...
- Ailing homebuilders seek shot in the arm. Lee, BoNhia // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/6/2009, Issue 323981, p4
The article reports on the decrease in construction of new houses in California. A study shows that construction permits fell 46 percent across the Central Valley in 2008 as compared to 2007. This led to a loss of nearly 300,000 jobs and deduction of 46 billion dollars from the state economy in...
- County housing market on a roller-coaster. Scott, Andrew // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/4/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 27, p3
Reports on the condition of housing market in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Percentage of drop in the sales of condominiums; Offering of appealing interest rates in order to buy properties like single-family housing; Increase in the number of housing permits issued by the state Department of...
- Housing starts fall in June. M. D. // Asset Securitization Report;7/24/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 29, p15
The article reports on the decline of the housing market, according to the Commerce Department in the U.S. Building permits posted a four percent decline. According to Omair Sharif, a strategist at RBS Greenwich Capital, certain parts of the housing market are definitely slowing down. The...
- Housing Bounces Back in September. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;11/1/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p20
Reports on the improvement of housing market in the U.S. as of September 2004. Sales of existing homes; Level of building permits for single-family homes; Determination of the interest rates of the housing.