Looser Liquor Laws Sought
- Optimal alcohol taxation in Estonia. Saar, Indrek // Baltic Journal of Economics;Autumn2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p141
The article provides information on the dissertation related to alcohol taxation which was discussed at the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration of the University of Tartu, Estonia. It is stated that the thesis aimed at the analysis of principles of alcohol taxation and provides an...
- Subpart A--Alcohol. // Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms Quarterly Bulletin;6/16/91-9/15/91, Vol. 3, p1
Focuses on the final rule of the treasury decision that makes technical amendments and conforming changes to chapter I of title 27, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) to provide clarity and uniformity. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms; Effectivity of the amendments; Paperwork Reduction...
- Colorado mulls catering bill. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/17/95, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p11
Reports on deliberations by the Colorado House Appropriations committee regarding a bill that would enable off-site caterers to obtain a liquor license. Support expressed by the National Caterers Association and the Colorado Restaurant Association for the bill.
- Illinois passes new liquor liability law. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/28/97, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p2
Focuses on Illinois Governor Jim Edgar's signing into law a measure that increases liability of restaurants and taverns covered by dram shop insurance if they sell alcoholic beverages to drivers who cause car accidents that result in death or injury.
- Holiday tragedy fuels anti-alcohol crusade. Nichols, Don // Restaurant Business;3/20/93, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p36
Reports on the introduction of liquor reform bills in New Mexico. Death of Melanie Cravens and her family in a Christmas eve vehicular crash; Gordon House's sentence; Petition drive of Nadine Milford; Legislators' proposals; Two bills harmful to the restaurant industry; Liquor tax money...
- Texans trying to modify antiquated liquor laws. Nichols, Don // Restaurant Business;4/10/93, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p36
Reports on the lobbying efforts of Texan liquor retailers to modernize liquor laws. Amount spent; Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC); Texas Association of Beverage Retailers; Laws involved; Disadvantages of existing laws.
- Vintage cops. Henderson, Rick // Reason;Aug/Sep96, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the prohibition of direct shipping of beer, wine and spirits from alcohol producers and mail-order businesses in various states.
- TTB ANNOUNCES NEW LIMITS ON HEALTH-RELATED STATEMENTS APPEARING ON LABELS OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES. // NCADD Washington Report;Mar2003, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p1
Reports that Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) has announced limitations on health-related statements appearing on labels and advertisements of alcohol beverages in the U.S. Criteria for considering health claims of the companies being misleading; Model disclaimer statement...
- Tougher drinking laws. // Newsweek;7/9/1984, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p23
Last week the House and Senate agreed on a bill that will cut federal highway funds to states that do not raise their minimum drinking age to 21.