Cubs, Mesa Keep Talking
- The Cubs: No hit, no field, no deviation from the mean. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;07/14/97, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p26
Presents information on the performance of Chicago, Illinois baseball team, the Chicago Cubs. Details on the Chicago Cubs average number of victories; Comments by Paul Seeley, a Chicago lawyer.
- Chicago Cubs. Rozner, Barry // Sporting News;1/27/97, Vol. 221 Issue 4, p47
No abstract available.
- Chicago Cubs. Rozner, Barry // Sporting News;04/07/97, Vol. 221 Issue 14, p27
Focuses on National League baseball team Chicago Cubs. Need for surgery on Kevin Tapani's right index finger; Competition between Brooks Kieschnick and Brant Brown in the left field position; Prospects of Kerry Wood's entry to the major leagues; Release of outfielder Ozzie Timmons.
- To the vanquished, go... Callahan, T. // Newsweek;10/2/89, Vol. 114 Issue 14, p65
Talks about the Chicago Cubs and how the baseball team seems to have been jinxed since about 1918 and will likely not be a winning team this year.
- Cubs magic. // Newsweek;9/10/1984, Vol. 104 Issue 10, p50
To the amusement of the pundits and the amazement of long-suffering fans, the Chicago Cubs have charged full steam into Sept., leading the National League East and showing no signs of their patented late-season pratfall. For now, the message is clear: after decades awaiting a `next year' that...
- As the boys of Zimmer dare to dream, a nostalgic editor returns to his field of futility. Novak, R. // People;10/9/89, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p52
Recounts the author's recent return to Wrigley Field to cheer on his favorite team, the Chicago Cubs, in the company of his father, 77, and his nine-year-old son. Recounts his feelings and memories of games and teams of the past.
- Chicago Cubs. Rozner, Barry // Sporting News;7/1/96, Vol. 220 Issue 27, p16
Updates on various issues concerning the Chicago Cubs as of July 1, 1996. Wally Pipp story concerning rookie first baseman Brant Brown's three home runs against the Dodgers; Team and individual performance records for 1996 season; Number of wins and losses; Cubs' decision to release veteran...
- Chicago Cubs. Rozner, Barry // Sporting News;7/8/96, Vol. 220 Issue 28, p21
Presents an update on the Chicago Cubs baseball team for the week that ended on July 7, 1996. Includes the team's rank and number of losses and wins; Team officials' reluctance to trade the team's most popular player Jim Eisenreich; Division in the league on Scott Rolen's promotion; Team and...
- Chicago Cubs. Rozner, Barry // Sporting News;08/05/96, Vol. 220 Issue 32, p14
Presents news updates concerning the baseball team Chicago Cubs for the week ending August 5, 1996. Problems in the team's pitching; Return of outfielder Ozzie Timmons to the big league.